“The BEST Chinese food in Durango for over two decades!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 169 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Chinese
Durango, Colorado
“The BEST Chinese food in Durango for over two decades!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

May Palace has survived in a few locations under the same ownership for over two decades in Durango, so you know they have to be doing things right. I remember eating at May Palace with my family as a kid more than two decades ago on the north end of town and now I bring my own kids in to be greeted by the very same smiling faces and delicious food. There is simply no other choice for good Chinese food in Durango. Amazing sweet & sour, Chow Mein, and cashew dishes, fresh eggrolls and perfect eggdrop and hot & sour soups... If you are in need of a fix, they are exactly what you're looking for. Amazingly friendly, fast service and an intimate little restaurant in the middle of downtown with little to no wait for a booth. Call or dine-in seven days a week!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Durango, Colorado
“Great place for affordable lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

You can't beat the prices at the May Palace with there lunch menu. It comes with soup and main dish for $6.95.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice job at lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My friend and I made our way into May Palace for lunch earlier this week and I hadn't been there in a while. The lunch menu is huge and varied and the price can't be beat. Every item is the fixed price, which I think is 6.95. The service is fast and attentive and we had a really personable waiter. The food was fabulous and there was certainly a lot of it for leftovers! I had a combination sweet and sour meal with chicken, shrimp and pork. My friend had Kung Pow Chicken and she loved it. I'd certainly recommend trying it out!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Whittier, California
“My Stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

During my three day stay (Feb. 11-14) I felt like Chinese take-out. My order of shrimp fried rice and pepper beef was quickly filled and fairly priced. But that was all that was good. It was poorly packaged with greasy sauce dripping everywhere. The food was poorly prepared and even though I ordered their super hot style I guess that meant they throw on extra soy sauce. Cannot recommend for take-out.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Downtown area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Food was o.k., the interior is dated but the location is great as we were not willing to walk around the whole town. I need more spices in my food and this had some, but not enough for me. I asked my family what they though of it and they both agreed that it was good.

• Visited January 2014