“Not bad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #119 of 162 Restaurants in Durango
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Came here for happy hour. Good cold drafts, beer I'd give a 5 star

Food was ok, nothing to write home about. Expensive food, but that's Durango.

I would come again.

Kind of small, lots of flat screen to watch

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Durango, CO
“More options and more interesting food than typical pub fare.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This bar and restaurant has the usual multiple screens, plus a full bar and a good appetizers menu. What sets it apart and above the usual is the interesting entree menu, which includes cajun dishes and a gorgonzola pasta dish, plus reasonable prices for house wines. Another plus is the friendly service that we have encountered each time we have been there. The only down side is that it can be a bit noisy when it's football season and the place gets busy...but then, it's a sports bar, right?

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jefferson County, CO
“Pleasantly Surprising Sports Bar - Mountain Cajun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Needed to see the season-opening Chiefs game so we asked around town about good sports bars and this one came highly recommended. We soon discovered why.

"Bent" is located in a new strip center on the east edge of Durango. The dining room/bar is very open, clean and had 10 flat screens.

The best surprise (other than the quality of the food) was that there are a number of Cajun/Creole selections on the menu. We discovered that the chef was from Louisiana and fortunately could not resist preparing his heritage for his customers.

We ordered the Red Beans & Rice as a test of the authenticity of the bayou food. Now good red beans & rice is one of my all-time favorites. If it is good, I am in Heaven. These were better than good. I was sceptical when they were served as they looked unusually "dry"; not much sauce or roux. Now I would still prefer them to be more gumbo-like in this regard but to my happy surprise, they were packed with great flavor. These are some of the better RB&R I have had in a long time. And the bowl was arranged in a very attractive manner to boot.

Next I ordered the fish & chips. The fish was fine, not bad nor great. The fries were a little limp and could have been crisper for our collective liking. This kept me from awarding five stars.

But as we finished our meal I had to test their bread pudding. It was a homerun as all agreed. Wonderful flavor and texture and like the RB&R, was served with a very artful presentation.

We all generally have low expectations for bar food quality. Bent blew us away not only in that regard but in offering very authentic Cajun fare where you least expect to find it, the Colorado San Juan Mountains. Given the food selection, quality and presentation I would predict that the chef will soon be opening a dedicated Cajun/Creole restaurant sans big screens. That will be football fans' loss but we'll still be enjoying excellent southern cuisine!

Now if only the "Chefs" hadn't gotten blown out by the Bills!

Oh, well.