“New Management, Awesome Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Durango

You added Knights Inn Durango to your Saves list
Knights Inn Durango
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301 (Formerly Alpine Inn)   |
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Boulder, Colorado
“New Management, Awesome Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

The Alpine Inn is under new management and was a pleasure to stay at. We stay there almost every year for bike races in Durango and this year was a huge change. Clean rooms, great staff, and even better prices. I think people really need to recognize how hard the new managers are working to make it a beautiful place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was the most expensive and the worst quality motel we stayed in during a two and a half week holiday in the USA. We had very little choice as it was a saturday night and most places were full. we would not go here again.. The carpet was horrible, the breakfast was poor, the service was non existant. It is not the sort of place you would ever look forward to going back to. I think the facts above re cost and quality speak for themselves.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
TexasRoadster
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

Looked O.K. and we didn't want to spend a lot. We wanted quiet and it was close to a BBQ restaurant. The room was obviously very old and in need of updating. It smelled old. The bed was very old, uncomfortable, and needed to be replaced. The main kicker was the shower had mold/mildew growing in it! UGH! Wallpaper was peeling off, paint peeling, and carpet was nasty looking. Plugin charger wouldn't stay in wall because outlet was loose. Dirty place!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

This place is a dump. It looks much better on the outside then on the inside. The room although large enough, was filthy and unkept. Towel racks would just fall off the wall as you walked by. They advertised breakfast which is to start at 8 am, after waiting until 8:20 for the door to be opened we were told that everything had been eaten by the people who were staying in the room next to us and that they wouldn't have anything until the next day, this included juice and coffee. Management were rude and very unorganized. We had booked on-line 2 months in advance, when I e-mailed them with a question we got no responce. When we arrived they had no record of our reservation even though I had called to confirm 4 days earlier. I'm sure any hotel or motel in Durango would be better than this place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

My husband, son and I stayed here in Nov. 2008. It was recommened by a co-worker. UGH! Don't waste your money on this nasty place. The bathroom and the sheets were clean and that is it. The pillows were flat. The room was DIRTY. We actually should not have even stayed here but it was very late etc. The carpet had so many stains on it. The room had a table and chairs in it and the cloth on the chairs was so stained. The lamp shades were ripped and the room had not been dusted in who knows when. My family and I did not walk around on the nasty floor without shoes on. There were even stains on the sides of the box springs and the bed spread. The place is right off a main road and it was very noisy. The free breakfast in the morning was dried out powdered donuts and boxed juice. The people at the front desk were rude. Do not waste your money on this place. Disgusting! I would never stay there again ever!

• Liked — We did not like anything about this place!
  • Disliked — Everything was horrible!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

We were coming from Monument Valley via Natural Bridges NM (with a stopover at 4 corners) so we didn't know how far we'd get that day. I figured Durango or maybe Silverton.

We made Durango. I figured Durango was a pretty big town, there should be no problem getting a decent room, right?

Not right. Every name brand hotel was booked solid. Near the end of US-550 there were a couple of choices, and Alpine Inn was the closest to a BBQ joint. My stomach won out, and we were a walk-in. That'll teach me to trust my stomach.

It's not that the place is terrible, as a matter of fact, it's a bit quaint. The carpet's a little dirty, but the bed was comfortable. Check-in was quick, and the guy behind the counter was pleasant, contrary to other reports. We didn't bother to look at the so called "breakfast", so I can't comment.

The main complaint, was THERE WAS NO COFFEE MAKER IN THE ROOM! Ugh. There was a fridge and a microwave, so I was able to nuke some water and make a cup of instant I keep with me in case of emergencies like this. (Yes, I also bring a coffee cup. I know what to take on my roadtrips. :-)) But not having a coffee maker in the room these days is inexcusable.

The BBQ place next door (Serious Texas BBQ) wasn't that good either, so my night in Durango was a bust. Since we just needed a place to sleep that night, it wasn't really disappointing, but it could have been better.

Our drive up US-550 to Montrose the next day was magnificent. Our stay in Durango, however, was a completely forgettable event.

• Disliked — No coffee maker in the room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Benton City, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

We had seen this place in one of our travel books and were looking for a no-frills place to lay our heads after driving to Durango from Colorado Springs all day, and we planned to get up early to head to Mesa Verde. It was a place to sleep, but for $65, I honestly expected a little better. It's very run down. We were slightly alarmed when we were greeted by a 10-year-old girl when we arrived around 11 p.m. Her father wasn't around, and she didn't know how to run a credit card. We were desperate and tired, so we took the key and told her we'd pay in the morning. The room was mostly clean (I did find a stray hair (from down there!) on my pillow, but chose to ignore it in the interest of getting some sleep). But it was just a sad room. The bed was fairly comfortable and the shower and bathroom were clean. But there's absolutely no atmosphere and it felt pretty seedy. Pick another place if you're going to stay longer than a night and you expect some warmth. They do offer decent hot coffee, juice and donuts at the front desk in the morning.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — seediness, outdatedness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Knights Inn Durango? Share your experiences!