“Bare Bones Budget Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Durango

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Durango to your Saves list
Knights Inn Durango
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301 (Formerly Alpine Inn)   |
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Littleton
“Bare Bones Budget Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The Knight's Inn is one of the cheapest hotels in Durango. It is easy to find, clean, and quiet. The beds are pretty stiff and the pillows are pathetic. The rooms lack coffee makers, but do come with a mini-fridge and a small, tube style television. They have wireless internet, but it is pathetically slow. No desk for getting any serious computer work done, but there is a small, round table in the room. You get what you pay for. If you are on a budget and don't need amenities, then this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

having stayed at Knights Inn's across the USA in the past, I was going to be in Durango, CO one night and just needed a clean place to sleep. This is an older property that on the exterior is being upgraded currently and though the rooms have not been recently refreshed, the room, carpets floors were clean. I did not notice till morning that there was no soap in the bathroom and fortunately I had my own shampoo and body wash. The staff is in dire need of learning customer service as a whole and when to not air problems in front of guests. When I went to check in, no one was at the desk, then a lady came in behind me on a cell phone and said she'd be with me when she got off the phone. She was discussing her hours, other employee hours and after about 10 minutes another lady came in and asked if I'd been helped and I said NO I'd been there about 10 minutes. She was very efficient and got me checked in and said my room was ready and told me of an eating establishment a block away. This morning when I went to the lobby for the "continental breakfast" - All Carb - and only coffee or tea, the original lady that was on the phone [I assume a manager] was telling two other employees within hearing range of 8 people in the dining area, that they needed to check all the rooms to make sure the guests had not stolen light bulbs, remotes, alarm clocks - "they will take anything not nailed down" was her comment. I felt this most inappropriate in the area, though I am sure it is true.
My room lacked grounded electrical outlets and I have a piece of medical equipment I use at night and fortunately the front desk had a two prong grounded adaptor that I was able to use without having to go out and buy one. That is basic safety. I checked the bath and there was a GFI plug retrofitted in the bathroom.
I'm sure once the upgrades are done this will be a nice property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Golden, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

CLEAN, good beds, quiet-even on the fourth of July. Enjoyed the firework display from just outside our door. Very reasonable in price had a mini frig and micro-wave. The armchairs are in need of repair/replacement. Overall a good place to over night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Durango? Share your experiences!