“NICE OLDER CHAIN & BEING UPGRADED” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Durango

You added Knights Inn Durango to your Saves list
Knights Inn Durango
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301 (Formerly Alpine Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Durango
Anchorage, Alaska
“NICE OLDER CHAIN & BEING UPGRADED”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

having stayed at Knights Inn's across the USA in the past, I was going to be in Durango, CO one night and just needed a clean place to sleep. This is an older property that on the exterior is being upgraded currently and though the rooms have not been recently refreshed, the room, carpets floors were clean. I did not notice till morning that there was no soap in the bathroom and fortunately I had my own shampoo and body wash. The staff is in dire need of learning customer service as a whole and when to not air problems in front of guests. When I went to check in, no one was at the desk, then a lady came in behind me on a cell phone and said she'd be with me when she got off the phone. She was discussing her hours, other employee hours and after about 10 minutes another lady came in and asked if I'd been helped and I said NO I'd been there about 10 minutes. She was very efficient and got me checked in and said my room was ready and told me of an eating establishment a block away. This morning when I went to the lobby for the "continental breakfast" - All Carb - and only coffee or tea, the original lady that was on the phone [I assume a manager] was telling two other employees within hearing range of 8 people in the dining area, that they needed to check all the rooms to make sure the guests had not stolen light bulbs, remotes, alarm clocks - "they will take anything not nailed down" was her comment. I felt this most inappropriate in the area, though I am sure it is true.
My room lacked grounded electrical outlets and I have a piece of medical equipment I use at night and fortunately the front desk had a two prong grounded adaptor that I was able to use without having to go out and buy one. That is basic safety. I checked the bath and there was a GFI plug retrofitted in the bathroom.
I'm sure once the upgrades are done this will be a nice property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Golden, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

CLEAN, good beds, quiet-even on the fourth of July. Enjoyed the firework display from just outside our door. Very reasonable in price had a mini frig and micro-wave. The armchairs are in need of repair/replacement. Overall a good place to over night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our queen room was on a small side but sufficient for two people. The bed was comfortable but all the rest of the furniture and the bathroom had seen better days. The only chair in the room barely held together. The room and the bathroom were clean. The door to the room had security chain that was ripped off some time ago and did not feel very safe - it did lock, though. The breakfast was limited to waffles, muffins and oatmeal with coffee and tea.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lincoln
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I read reviews and thought it might be a good place for a night. The bed was okay, but the pillows not so great. The room was kind of dingy. Hair dryers are cheap and you pretty much expect one in rooms now, but there was none. Breakfast was what I expected - waffles and small muffins. When a guest asked for milk we were told milk was too expensive and it went to waste so it wasn't bought anymore. Would I stay again? Probably not.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The room was clean and the people, especially Amy, were friendly. They were okay with pets and inexpensive and that's all I asked for a brief trip through the area. There were some places to walk the dogs briefly, right outside the motel, but Durango has a FANTASTIC dog park that you should ask about, right near the Doubletree. There must be 20 acres, with a stream (full of snowmelt when I was there) flowing through the property, and beside the Animas River.
If you are looking for a clean, friendly, inexpensive place to stay, this will be fine.

Room Tip: They all seem to be similar and feed onto a parking lot. Ask when you book for a quiet room and you...