“Horrible Beds!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Durango

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Durango to your Saves list
Knights Inn Durango
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301 (Formerly Alpine Inn)   |
Ranked #24 of 30 hotels in Durango
Denver, Colorado
“Horrible Beds!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel itself is fine, rooms are clean, staff is friendly but the beds are AWFUL! It was like sleeping on a piece of plywood, I was incredibly sore the next day. I had a room with two queens and the one was just as bad as the other. It would be a great hotel if they updated the mattresses. I would definitely never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
GMTripleHHospitality, Manager at Knights Inn Durango, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We're very sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel. I wish you would have mention something we would have done our best to fine you another room that the bed would have been more comfortable for you. It is so hard tofind a bed that everybody comfortable in. If your ever in the area again and would Please consider giving us a second chance, we will make sure that you get a comfortable bed or find you a room at one of our sister properties that would work better for you.

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This property is located near the North end of Durango. We had been at the nearby Hampton, but the;y were fully booked for the last night of our stay, so we booked here, which was about half the price but we got what we paid for. The room was properly cleaned, but still had a musty smell. The window A/C unit helped clear the musty odor, but a next door neighbor was up late and carrying on a lengthy telephone conversation that the thin walls allowed me to hear more than I wanted. I believe there are better alternatives nearby, but we made it through the night.

Room Tip: find another motel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
i am so sorry to hear about your experience at the knights Inn North. I wish you would have contacted thee onsite manager and we would have been able to make contact with your neighbor and ask them to quiet down,. Your sleep and comfort is and always will be our concern. Since your last stay we have made changes with a new manager and housekeeping staff. If your ever in the area and would consider giving us another chance, PLEASE call us directly and we will make sure your taken care of.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband picked this place because of the low price. And low price in service and appearance is what they give you. Managers were nice but who isn't when they're taking your money? I spent eight years as GM of two separate french (non fancy) hotel chains, so I know what I'm talking about in regards to the hospitality industry. The "continental breakfast" was a choice between an apple and a muffin. How nutritious. There's a serious ant problem. The room smells and is completely uncomfortable. The paint looks like it's been chipping for thirteen years. There is an extremely tacky inconsistency with the room decoration. My bed cover had holes in it. I could go on, which is sad. The owner should be ashamed. Even a low price hotel should not look like a barn. Sorry guys, but either invest some money in cleaning up.. Or shut down. Saw the other knights inn going down Main Ave. Looks about the same, I'm not impressed. Definitely not staying here again!

• Stayed May 2013
Sorry to hear about your stay. We have since made some management and housekeepers changes and would love to be given an opportunity to make things right....Please give us a call if your ever back in the area and PLEASE give us a second chance. We do offer more then Apples and muffins. We offer, Homemade waffles, muffins, oatmeal, OJ, Coffee, tea, Hot Chocolate, Milk.and fresh apples and Oranges.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nice modest motel, nothing fancy, but serviceable. Owners were friendly, A/C worked ok. Seems like there was a minor problem with the room which was corrected very promptly, but I can't remember what, towels or something perhaps. They said something about closing down in the winter, that the ski crowd only wanted fancy upmarket lodging. Well that may be, but it's their loss.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMTripleHHospitality, General Manager at Knights Inn Durango, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I noticed that you stayed with us back in July 2012. SInce that time we have new management. Glad to hear you had no complaints. But we always want our guest to be happy and we always want the chance to make any corrections of ANY problems. I hope you will come back and visit with us again. DURANGO is calling you back!!
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I, check into this hotel last night and the manager Don he was outside at the door smoking (that just looks nasty for Managers and appearance horrible). When he check us in you could smell alcohol on him and his wife was slurred The little boy malaki or whatever kept interrupting our check-in and people kept coming in and out of the managers apartment (Scary looking People). Finally I walked outside I couldn't stand the smell from him or her. and the brat and people coming and going; enough already just check us in. Don said he was putting in his best room, oh boy, if that was the best I hate to see the worst. Urine and poop stains in & on toilet, sticky floors and smelled of weed YUK. I sprayed my cologne. We went up to ask if we could change room they laugh and said "That ain't happen" and told us that was all they had for the next few days we are" BOOOOKED". The breakfast juice was bad and muffins sucked,

In review,.. Worst mistake we ever made for staying at a hotel. It was a cross between Beverly Hillbillies & Swamp People. STAY AWAY FROM THIS KNIGHTS INN AT 3515 MAIN AVE BY THE SERIOUS TEXAS BBQ

********Stay at the other Knights Inn at 2491 Main St ( across from the High School) Clean Rooms, service with a smile and people that cared Hanna, Robert and Phoebe great job,A PLUS service with love from all*********.

stay away from 3515 main ave

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
durangoted, Owner at Knights Inn Durango, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
First I want to apologize for your challenge you had a my motel. This is not the way we do business! We do not condone these actions at all. These folk were teminated as of 04/29/2013 pm. New management is being implimented right now. I think, no I know you will see a major diffrence if you give us another chance.
Glendale, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Couldn't ask for two nicer and very helpful people than Don and Samantha. Went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and enjoyed our stay. Room and Bath were very clean. Prices were well within our range. Thanks much.

Room Tip: The managers are extremely helpful in making sure you have the right room and enjoy your stay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMTripleHHospitality, Manager at Knights Inn Durango, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
We thank you for coming and staying with us!! We hope you would come back if your ever back in the Durango area. We appreciate your review and thank you for your kind words! We wish you all the best- Samantha and Don
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Clean and affordable. Can't beat the deal! I would highly recommend staying here. In fact, I would again without a doubt. If you're looking for a fancy-shmancy place, go elsewhere. But if you want a nice, clean affordable place, stay here. The staff could not have been more accommodating.

• Stayed March 2013
GMTripleHHospitality, Manager at Knights Inn Durango, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation! We were happy to have you stay with us and would be thrilled to have you back as well! We do offer a repeat guest discount. So if your back in our area please come on in! Thank you again, have a wonderful day.

Been to Knights Inn Durango? Share your experiences!