“Durango gets expensive. This place is not.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Durango

You added Knights Inn Durango to your Saves list
Knights Inn Durango
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301 (Formerly Alpine Inn)   |
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Hamilton, ON
“Durango gets expensive. This place is not.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011 via mobile

Sometimes hotels should be rated simply on their value. For example: Given what I paid, compared to what I could've paid, how was the property? Reviewing The Knights Inn falls into that category.

The motel is old, worn, and generally nothing more than okay. However, it was the cheapest online option in Durango while I was there. In fact, it was about HALF the price of the next chain option. So while it wasn't that great, it WAS a great value. And that fact means high marks from me.

On top of the value, it was also clean, bug-free, had good laundry facilities, and was full of pleasant vacationers like myself. Not the usual problem tenants of some budget places. I would definitly stay again... if the price was right.

• Stayed August 2011
Knightsgm, General Manager at Knights Inn Durango, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay when you return to Durango. We do have a great group of people stay with us and we do not allow any nonsense that would disturb our guests. We do try to be competitive in our pricing and give people a clean, comfortable place to stay while in our beautiful town. There are cheaper options in town but buyer beware!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sedona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were on the eighth night of a camping trip and wanted a break to get a shower and do some laundry. We were travelling with our dog, so we required a "pet-friendly" hotel. I scanned through the internet and found this one. The price was right - under $60, plus a fee for the dog - and they had a room available that had no rooms above or below.
The staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was large enough and clean, with cable TV and a big bonus - a GUEST LAUNDRY! It was just what we needed. Then, when we took our showers - complete Nirvana! I have never experienced a shower with such great water pressure! The in-window airconditioner was just adequate, but the noise drowned out the traffic sounds ouside, so it was ok.
All-in-all, the hotel is a 2 star, but it worked for the occasion.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Knightsgm, General Manager at Knights Inn Durango, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to provide our guests with a positive experience everytime they stay at our hotel. It is nice to see that our efforts do pay off when a guest lets us know they were happy at our hotel. Being an economy brand we are not able to provide all the amenities of some of the premium hotel brands but we do provide clean and comfortable rooms with awesome showers. Thank you for staying at our Knights Inn and we hope you will consider us on your next trip to Durango.
Brighton, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

This room was small and outdated. The bedding was old and had tears in the bedspread. The baseboard heating was rusted in spots and the shower seemed to have mold growing in the caulking but I did not want to investigate too far. There has been no updating to this place in 20 years. At $72 a night it was overpriced even compared to other motels in the area which were renting for $50 per night.

Other reviews indicated the rooms were small and set up oddly which is an extremely accurate representation. I noticed when searching prior reviews that the management's standard response is that it is the other motel in the area and not theirs. I am certain this is the correct motel and there is no confusion. I would not stay here again at any price.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a good room in the place
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Knightsgm, General Manager at Knights Inn Durango, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
I would like to apologize for the fact that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are still in process of updating our hotel and unfortunately you were in one of our rooms that had not been done yet. We do try to insure that our rooms are clean and upon investigation the discoloration in the shower was not mold, just discolored caulking which is being rectified next month. We do strive to make our guests happy and had you brought your problems to the manager, we would have gladly moved you to a room more to your liking. Again, we are sorry for the problems you encountered and hope you will try us again in the future.
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights, the check-in staff were very polite and helpful during our stay, nothing was a problem, probably the best thing about this motel. We paid $78 plus tax for a queen room, the room is exceptionally small, 2 people in the bed can't watch the 23" TV as it is siutuated to one side and at the same level as the bed. The room has a fridge and microwave, the water pressure is good. They do not upply coffee making facilities, or coffee and breakfast consists of coffee, tea, bananas, sugar doughnuts or small cakes, probably the least varied we have had in 20 motels on this trip.

The beds were comfortable and we got good nights rest, we found we had to turn the aircon off as it was only a yard from the bed, it worked efficiently and it wasn't that loud, we have had much louder and innefficient. Good for a short stay

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We booked this hotel as a last minute choice for just a one night stay in Durango. We were driving through and just needed somewhere to stay. This was the cheapest one I could find in all of Durango at the time. This hotel is nothing special but it is a nice place to take a rest before moving on. Their continental breakfast includes donuts, bananas and coffee. For the price and location it was not bad. But know that it is not going to be a 5 star resort. It is good for sleeping, I would not recommend for a long trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ann arbor, mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

After reading good reviews on this hotel from Trip Advisor, we felt confident this hotel choice was going to meet our needs.

All i can say is that perhaps the reviewers were the college kids who work here.

This was some other hotel till recently bought by Knights Inn. They have not upgraded a thing. The room is like an hourly rental. The bed had the most ancient bedspread, and no blanket, and no mattress covers, just a single sheet. (i have NEVER had a bed with such lousy bedding. I went and asked for a mattress cover and sheet to get thru the night.

The furniture is ancient, the bathroom tiles are cracked, and grout missing, again like i said, like an hourly rental.

the internet was a big issue, trying to tie into their secured wifi, was again not like any chain hotel i have stayed at.

DO NOT stay here.

Room Tip: Don't reserve online, come see before you spend your money
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Knightsgm, Manager at Knights Inn Durango, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
I believe you have rated the wrong Knights Inn in Durango. There are two and we are the one on the far north end of town. I believe you wanted to rate the Knights Inn Midtown which was formerly the Abbey Inn. I can assure you that my hotel is a nice property and we have full bedding including mattress pads. I know the other one was recently converted to the Knights Inn brand and the owners are getting ready to start remodeling. Please be sure you are talking about the right property. Thanks
Orange Park, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed at the location at 3515 Main Ave.for 5 nights. Just what I was looking for, a clean, economical hotel. The rooms were very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and the microwave and refrigerator in the room were a bonus. Unlike many other places I have stayed the shower in this one has great water pressure - I could actually rinse my hair. I would definitely stay here again.
We stayed in room 201 and I did not think the A/C was noisy, it did cut on and off but I considered it white noise.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Durango? Share your experiences!