“A Perfect Place to Eat After Skiing-Playing in the Snow All Day” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Last Run Grill & Pub
49617 US Hwy. 550 N., just N of the Main Entrance of Durango Mountain Resort 25 miles north of Durango, CO, Durango, CO
Improve this listing
Ranked #115 of 149 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Los Angeles, California
“A Perfect Place to Eat After Skiing-Playing in the Snow All Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

This place was great!!! We came here for dinner & drinks after a fun but long day out on the mountain. We were greeted by Hank who was very nice and funny as well. This place has a fully stocked bar, great choices of beer on tap and the food was amazing!! This place is known for its wings and we were not disappointed!!! They were great, in fact all our meals were awesome!! I had the chicken fried steak----excellent!! Mac-n-cheese was in great portions as well. This was my first trip to Durango but the Last Run will be a stop a will hit every time I go back!!

Cheers!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Clovis, California
“Bad night for lots of peple to go here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We had dinner here on a Saturday night. We had a large party of 15. There was only 1 cook, 1 waitress, and 1 bartender. and there were 30-40 people in the place when we were there. They ran out of many menu choices quickly, and vegetarian options were limited. The food was tasty, but not inexpensive. The service was rather slow. I suspect that this was an atypical night with a perfect storm of lots of customers and not enough staff. Too bad, because we really wanted to like it better, as the surroundings were beautiful and the staff that were there tried hard and seemed very nice.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A very nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We own a condo in the Durango area but had never tried this restaurant before.
It is immediately adjacent to the Durango Mountain Resort entrance.
Very friendly staff, good food and a casual atmosphere. The menu is varied with different choices-some inexpensive, like burgers or fancier fare like marinated shrimp kabobs with polenta. I tried the shrimp kabobs which were delicious. My husband had the fish and chips. We will definitely go again.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, Texas
“Just north of the Main Entrance to Durango Mountain Resort....GOOD FOOD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

While trying to find a place to watch the Stanley Cup playoffs during a recent stay at Durango Mountain Resort, my husband and I discovered this just re-opened gem.
The restaurant was being remodeled, but great food was available in the bar. My husband started with the Jamacian Jerk chicken wings, suggested by a local, that were some of the best we've ever had. I tasted the Pork Green Chili, nice and spicy!
For dinner I had the House Mac and Cheese, penne pasta tossed with a three
cheese blend of gorgonzola, parmesan and white cheddar (chicken can be added for $3)....yummy!
My husband had the Chipotle Pork Tenderloin marinated and grilled to
temperature with a honey chipotle sauce and served with sautéed broccolini and southwest polenta....delicious! Both were large portions....plenty to share or take home leftovers.
Lisa and Mark (bartenders, hosts, owners) were great. It was a slow night, so we spent most of the evening enjoying their company.
Outdoor seating, indoor fireplace, outstanding food & service make this a "must stop" for those living or visiting in the Durango Mountain (Purgatory) area.

• Visited May 2011