“Great Snowmobiling in Durango!” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Great Snowmobiling in Durango!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is the second time we tried snowmobiling and our first time in Durango. The tour was reasonably priced and the people who handled the tour were very attentive. The guys were always looking out for the riders safety and would be riding around the area making sure everyone had a good time. I especially liked the 20 or so minutes that we could just ride around the trails on our own. The scenery up top was good but I've seen better views and because the temperature was above freezing, there were some mud patches on the trails but the owners cannot be faulted for that. It was an exhilirating experience!

Visited December 2013

Van Buren, Arkansas
“Outlaw Adventures Mesa Verde Guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We did a tour of Cliff Palace, Spruce Tree house and the above ground ruins. Our guide, Mr. Tom Barnes did an excellent job of informing us of what we would be doing and seeing. He was knowledgeable, polite, and entertaining with information regarding the park. He, also furnished us with plenty of water, which is greatly needed. You will need comfortable clothing and shoes because of lots of climbing and walking. This was a great vacation and I would recommend the company, Outlaw Tours and Mr. Barnes very highly.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Hummer Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We tried to go to Mild to Wild but they did not have any tours that fit our schedule. We called Outlaw and we are sure glad we did. We realized that many of these negative reviews are from people who rented a Jeep and not ones who took a tour so we took a chance.

Our guide was Tom and he was fantastic. We took the half day tour and saw some amazing sites. This trip was myself, my wife and my 18 and 14 year old boys. We were luck to get the standard Hummer so we got to ride inside where it was plenty warm.

Tom took us to may of the mines and and areas that only an off road vehicle could go. In addition, he was full of information about the local area and it's history.

I cannot recommend the half day tour enough and make sure to ask for Tom!

Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great time on the trails!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

A group of us guys were in Colorado for a bachelor party and we rented 2 jeeps and Outlaw's H1 Hummer for the day to drive some of the areas Jeep trails. It had snowed recently in the higher elevations so we were limited on the difficulty of the trails we could take. We had a great time with out any incidents with their vehicles. Several of the other rental shops in the area had closed for the season already (cited the recent weather as the reason). Tom helped us out and was friendly and helpful. We had a great time and made it further up the Cinnamon Creek Trail than anyone else had attempted recently, we were driving through fresh snow (not tracked snow) and Outlaw's Jeeps and H1 handled the trails with ease. I highly recommend this outfitter and will use them again whenever I make it up to the Durango area again.

Farmington, New Mexico
“Beware! You may not get what you pay for!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We made arrangements with Outlaw River and Jeep Tours several weeks in advance for a group of us to go on a jeep tour of the Silverton area. We rode in a bus to Silverton which was fine but a guy who I think was the owner and "tour guide" told a couple of sexually orientated jokes that the women in the group did not appreciate. We never went into Silverton, instead we went in the direction of Ouray and simply drove to some old mines. Outlaw Tours was supposed to include lunch, drinks and snacks for our group which we paid extra for. At one of the stops the guide gave us water and muffins. Never saw lunch and people at the booth couldn't refund our money. The owner did not return my phone call. I will never use Outlaw Tours again and I certainly will not recommend to anyone. The guides were extremely knowledgeable and polite and they were not to blame for this disaster, it was the owner. Very disappointed.

Visited October 2013

Been to Outlaw River and Jeep Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Outlaw River and Jeep Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.