“Awesome experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Dallas, Texas
“Awesome experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My family and I took our first trip to Colorado from Texas. We scheduled a 1/2 day tour in the mines. Our guide, Keith, was wonderful! He was full of knowledge about the mines, and shared amazing stories at every stop. During our excursion, we mentioned that we loved waterfalls, and asked if there were any around. Keith drove us to the most beautiful waterfall. I would recommend this company to anyone who is visiting the area, and ask for Keith, aka "Wild Bill." We will be making jeep tours with Keith part of our tradition for our future trips to Colorado.

Visited September 2012

Amarillo, Texas
“Waste of time and money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We took a two-hour ATV tour. The tour consisted of driving for two hours up a public road. I would recommend stopping off at the shack they use to collect/steal your money and grabbing a map and driving your own car up the road if you want to see the scenery which was the ONLY redeeming aspect. The ATV's were pieces of junk! But the worst part was the helmets you were required to wear that reeked of old sweat. No reason to even consider spending $90 on this boring waste of time! Definitely not impressed or even satisfied.

Visited September 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Outstanding Jeep Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I reserved a jeep tour through Outlaw and it was outstanding in all ways! We asked our tour guide, Jay, to drive slow because we didn't want an "extreme jeep ride." He did just that and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Jay was very knowledgeable about the area, forest, mountains and answered every question we asked. Our jeep was a Hummer with low and high seating. We sat in the high seats once we arrived at Silver Mountain so we could see everything. Jay keep checking on us to see how we were doing and asked if we were enjoying the tour. He was very accommodating about stopping to take pictures of the scenery. He also volunteered to take several pictures of us. Our first jeep tour experience was great and we would recommend Outlaw to anyone wanting this type of experience!

Visited August 2012
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Be careful of your comments or you'll get sued!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I got a call from a Durango lawyer who said I had posted "inflammatory" comments about Outlaw on TripAdvisor and that their policy is to give people "a chance to reconsider their comments, and that they will pursue civil action." I hadn't made any post on TripAdvisor. I checked TripAdvisor and found the comment that I'm sure prompted the call from their attorney. The poster's name had the last initial as my last name. I had written Outlaw a polite email listing my complaints, asked for a refund and gave them my phone number. Apparently they assumed because of the last initial that the poster was my wife so they gave my number to their lawyer to call me with a threat. That's the only response I received from them. No reply to my email or a call to discuss my complaints. I wish I had read TripAdvisor before taking this tour. We had all the same problems as the people who posted about getting a crappy Pinzgauer instead of a Jeep or Hummer, didn't do the advertised tour, etc. Now I can add a legal threat to our bad experience. Avoid this company.

Visited July 2012
Joaquin, Texas
“Wonderful! Would do it Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We booked a full day hummer and jeep tour in lieu of train tickets. Best decison! We are a family of four with 2 young boys ages 9 & 12. Mr. Wild Bill was our guide. He made our trip a memorable one! I loved the way he spent time with the boys, pointing out copper and silver at the mines. He was very knowledgeable. We had a light lunch of sandwiches and fruit, cookies, gatorade. (We also brought our own cooler) We met Mr Bill in Durango around 8am and left shortly after in a jeep headed toward a private gold/copper mine for a couple of hours. Then we came back to Duragno and took the hummer out, along with a group from Australia to an elk preserve for a few hours. Back in the jeep and had lunch while on the way to Silverton on the Million Dollar Highway and to the overlook at Ouray. Went to numerous mines and an old ghost town. By the time the trip was over with, I felt like Mr Wild Bill was part of our family. The trip was bumpy and rugged, but what do you expect when you are driving over rocks and rough terrain. Right up my family's ally. I read the other reviews, NO PROBLEMS HERE!!! Would definitly recommend this trip!

Visited August 2012

Been to Outlaw River and Jeep Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Outlaw River and Jeep Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.