“Historical setting, loud, mediocre food” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Sandwiches, Hamburgers
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Take a Step Back in Time... the Diamond Belle Saloon takes you back to the late 1880s, saloon girls and bartenders dressed in period outfits. Live music every night of the week and live gunfights Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during the summer months.
Gurnee, Illinois
“Historical setting, loud, mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The first impression was to keep on going by this restaurant. It is small, crowded, and loud. The reason we went in was for the live piano music, which was done in the Old West style. The service and beer were pretty good. We just had starters, and showed little sense in what we ordered. Why would we order seafood in CO?? The music and food were mediocre. Keep on going, unless you like mediocrity.

Visited September 2013

Overland Park
“Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Loved this place, had the rosemary garlic chicken two nights in a row! They want you to have a good time, rag time piano player was great. Try it when you stay at the Strater.

Visited September 2013
Naples, Florida, United States
“Bad Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

There is much history about the Diamond Belle Saloon. The other day my wife and I had to wait about one hour for our order. We ordered 2 hamburgers and French fries. My wife asked for certain things on the side and I asked for mine to be done medium rare. Well, after waiting so long the 2 burgers were nothing near what we ordered. My wife's included everything on it including things she didn't request. Mine was burnt to a crisp. We notified the waitress who in turn sent over the owner to our table. She apologized and said she would take 20% off the food portion of our bill, which she did. We don't look for excuses or discounts, all we want is what we ordered.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, Ohio, United States
“Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

A great old building with a gun fight show to boot. My food (salmon) was prepared well and was quite tasty. They serve huge burgers but make sure its cooked. My boyfriend had to ask them for a new burger because it was quite raw inside (they were quick to accommodate and the second was cooked just right). If you like your burgers medium you might ask them to cook it to medium well.
We were right by the action once the gunfight show started and spilled out into the street outside
the window by our table.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Refused to seat a single woman traveler at a table?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I felt compelled to start writing trip advisor reviews after my experience at this restaurant on a recent trip to Durango in August. I chose this restaurant as a history buff for the atmosphere and walked in. I understand that they were busy. I was offered the last seat at the bar but it was filled with men and I did not feel comfortable plus I don't drink. I offered to wait for a table and was told to wait in the lobby for about 15 minutes, While I was there - the hostess returned to me and said "We don't really sit single people. There is a older couple who agreed to have you sit with them. I am shy and would never be comfortable with this arrangement. I declined and left the restaurant. In almost 3 years of travelling all over the country for work from one coast to another this has NEVER happened to me before and I eat out at all classes of restaurants during all times of the day at least 3 days/week. I hope the managers review this comment as the experience completely ruined my trip to Durango:(

• Visited August 2013