“Atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 158 restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Hamburgers, Sandwiches
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Take a Step Back in Time... the Diamond Belle Saloon takes you back to the late 1880s, saloon girls and bartenders dressed in period outfits. Live music every night of the week and live gunfights Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during the summer months.
Lakewood, Ohio, United States
“Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

A great old building with a gun fight show to boot. My food (salmon) was prepared well and was quite tasty. They serve huge burgers but make sure its cooked. My boyfriend had to ask them for a new burger because it was quite raw inside (they were quick to accommodate and the second was cooked just right). If you like your burgers medium you might ask them to cook it to medium well.
We were right by the action once the gunfight show started and spilled out into the street outside
the window by our table.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Tucson, Arizona
“Refused to seat a single woman traveler at a table?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I felt compelled to start writing trip advisor reviews after my experience at this restaurant on a recent trip to Durango in August. I chose this restaurant as a history buff for the atmosphere and walked in. I understand that they were busy. I was offered the last seat at the bar but it was filled with men and I did not feel comfortable plus I don't drink. I offered to wait for a table and was told to wait in the lobby for about 15 minutes, While I was there - the hostess returned to me and said "We don't really sit single people. There is a older couple who agreed to have you sit with them. I am shy and would never be comfortable with this arrangement. I declined and left the restaurant. In almost 3 years of travelling all over the country for work from one coast to another this has NEVER happened to me before and I eat out at all classes of restaurants during all times of the day at least 3 days/week. I hope the managers review this comment as the experience completely ruined my trip to Durango:(

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Best Burger in Years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The restaurant was fun and lively. Excellent service and the combo of meats they use to make the burgers are outstanding. Also, excellent calamari app. Would recommend for atmosphere and the ragtime piano player was very good and a fun sing along.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Festive Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was decent but it was the atmosphere that was really neat. An authentic saloon with a live piano player, you feel like you just stepped into the past. A must stop in even for just a drink.

Visited August 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Historic Atmosphere and Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I ate dinner at the Diamond Belle Saloon on August 7, 2013. After about a 45 minute wait, we were seated in the balcony area. The atmosphere of the saloon is fantastic as it dates back to the 19th century. The waitress was very friendly and provided excellent service. I had their signature burger and it was fantastic. During our dinner, the saloon was "robbed" by a couple of cowboys which led to a shootout with lawmen outside. My son loved it and was able to take a picture with the robbers and sheriff. If you are visiting Durango, I highly recommend the Diamond Belle Saloon because the food was satisfying and the atmosphere is very unique.

• 5 of 5 stars Food