“Great value” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was a lucky find- the meals were filling and a great value. The wait wasn't very long and all the orders are cooked fresh. We had soup and burritos- both were delish. Great spot for a quick, healthy meal.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dolores, Colorado
“Terrific "as you want it" mex food! Amazing local business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

If you are in Durango and want a "Better than Chipotle" (A boastful claim to some... I know) you have to try out Zia. I think they have at least two locations in Durango now- one up North, and one down towards Bodo. Atmosphere is fun / good, and the food & selection is great! They have a wide array of meats, veggies, salsas and other toppings to build up your burrito, rice bowl, quesadilla, etc. Additionally, several of the local youth & sporting events I have been to Zia has been a huge sponsor of. I love supporting a business that supports its community. Check them out for a delicious lunch or dinner!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Love Zia's!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I go here most times my wife and I go to Durango to climb and see family. Love the fact that they are about local and organic! Great choice for a chicken burrito.

Sherman Oaks, & Aust
“For a great, inexpensive lunch or evening Mex meal, Zia's is as good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Have spent the last week here in Durango. We were given really good recommendations by our hotel and the Visitor Information Centre for breakfast, lunch and dinner - on our first evening, we dined at Zia's and have only done dinner elsewhere once since. Five evenings of magnificent tasting, generously portioned Mex meals, and extraordinary service from all the staff; and very inexpensive.
While the meals have a unique flavour, from our perspective the restaurant is modelled on Chipotle and Qdoba, and every bit as good in its own uniquely Durango way.
For a great, inexpensive lunch or evening Mex meal, Zia's is as good as it gets.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Always tasty and a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Zia's food is dependably fresh and delicious. As a veggie lover, I can get plenty of what I want, while my meat-loving companions are happy, too. They could use more seating space during busy meal times, so I try to time my stops there when it's not so busy. I go over there once or twice every couple of months.

Zia's has something of a fast-food atmosphere and can be counted on to serve up a meal quickly. I don't mind ordering at the counter at all -- I like seeing and picking out exactly what I want -- but if they had more seating so it felt OK to linger a little over chips, margaritas & meals, I'd give them 5 stars. If I were rating only the food relative to the cost, and not taking into account the restaurant space itself, I'd give the food and value 5 stars.

I've heard Zia's tamales are great, but I've never been able to make it over there before they were all sold out. Everything else I've tried has been great.

• Visited September 2013