“Always tasty and a good value” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 161 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mexican
“Always tasty and a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Zia's food is dependably fresh and delicious. As a veggie lover, I can get plenty of what I want, while my meat-loving companions are happy, too. They could use more seating space during busy meal times, so I try to time my stops there when it's not so busy. I go over there once or twice every couple of months.

Zia's has something of a fast-food atmosphere and can be counted on to serve up a meal quickly. I don't mind ordering at the counter at all -- I like seeing and picking out exactly what I want -- but if they had more seating so it felt OK to linger a little over chips, margaritas & meals, I'd give them 5 stars. If I were rating only the food relative to the cost, and not taking into account the restaurant space itself, I'd give the food and value 5 stars.

I've heard Zia's tamales are great, but I've never been able to make it over there before they were all sold out. Everything else I've tried has been great.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Farmington, New Mexico, United States
“Fresh. Quick "tex mex"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great, quick, clean food. Eat here very often while in Durango. Fast Service.
I consider "healthy" fast food.
Almost 5 stars. I just can't give "fast food" 5 stars.

Durango, Colorado
“great local Durango fresh mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is an excellent choice for someone looking for fresh, locally-sourced burritos, quesadillas, rice bowls, fish tacos. Chipotle/freebirds style assembly line style. It can get rather crowded at noon on work days as locals flock there for lunch, but is a very good and inexpensive place to get a healthy delicious lunch or dinner. Good place to take kids. The fried fish tacos with mango habanero salsa are a standout.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Yum E!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place is fresh and amazing. The baja style fish tacos I dream about! I liked everything. Ate here a few times during our trip.

Visited September 2013
Durango, Colorado, United States
“Healthy Quick Local Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Zia's is one of my favorite "go to" quickie restaurants. Even when there is a wait, the line goes quickly. They use a lot of local products when they can. The food is consistently good and high quality. The dining room is always clean and the staff is friendly.

Visited October 2013