“Healthy Quick Local Mexican Food” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We believe in simple, tasteful, authentic food with an atmosphere and price that feels good, warms the soul, and reminds you that some of the better things in life are quite simple.
Durango, Colorado, United States
“Healthy Quick Local Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Zia's is one of my favorite "go to" quickie restaurants. Even when there is a wait, the line goes quickly. They use a lot of local products when they can. The food is consistently good and high quality. The dining room is always clean and the staff is friendly.

Visited October 2013

Lakewood, Colorado
“Fresh (and somewhat fast) Mexican food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went to the location at the south side of Durango. Similar to Q'Doba in how you order your food, but MUCH healthier and more delicious. You tell them what you want and walk down the line and tell them what to add to it. We were from out of town and went with a local, who raved about the Yahoo fish salad (or tacos, I suppose, but we had the salad). It was a Friday night and the line was out the door, so my friend went in and told them we'd be ordering the yahoo fish salads so that they'd start grilling the fish, which apparently takes some time. By the time we got to the beginning-of-the-end of the line, the fish was still not ready but we only had to wait a couple more minutes then we got to cut back in line and move on. Down the line we had them add whatever we wanted, including fresh cilantro and some sauces I can't remember except for the mango habanero sauce (YUMMY!). The whole salad was something like $9 or $10! A STEAL, with that fish! You pay at the register at the end of the line and get your food there then go find yourself a seat. The salad was HUGE, but I worked my way through it because it wouldn't work as leftovers (if there's lettuce in it, which there was). It was absolutely DELICIOUS. I don't think they have a bar but I believe they sold beer. It's not a real high class atmosphere but I wouldn't care if I lived nearby. I'd be eating there a lot! And one more thing, I didn't much like sitting outside because parking was right there and we kept getting headlights in our eyes as cars would come and go.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Fresh Mexican in downtown Durango!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Zia has fresh flavorful traditional Mexican food. Features local organic produce with traditional Tex-Mex favorites. The fish tacos are delicious! I often get my lunch as a salad, a mountain of food that's less filling. A favorite regular lunch stop.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Durango, Colorado, United States
“Both locals and visitors favorite for food and atmosphere, including great customer service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The North has been a consistent and frequent "go-to" place for us. Now the South location has impressed our "foodie" calling. Decision of which to choose is based only on where we are located when hunger hits. Both are highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Love.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Visit every time we are in town. Love this place. Burritos are amazing, and the kids love it too. Nice to see they have a southside location as well.

Visited September 2013