“A regular stop for me” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Colorado
“A regular stop for me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have been going to this pub as long as it has been open...........at first just to catch the music sessions on Sundays, but my visits have become more frequent........lunch when I am shopping, dinner in the evenings when work is over early, meeting friends in town. Why? Because of the the greetings from the staff (and they know I want a Guinness when I walk in the door), they chat when they have a chance, pay attention to details and are professional in all respects. I have my favorites on the menu and like to try new items when they come out. The live music is great, it's nice to start chatting with the person(s) next to you, have good food and drink. There is a friendly, community oriented feel....families are welcome, local charities are supported.... I like being there.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cotopaxi, Colorado
“Shepard's pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We picked this pub when our first choice literally closed up in front of us, taking down their sign and turning down the light. Please note that neither of us drink so this review and score does not take into account any alcohol serviced (and we had to pass on the Guinness Brownie). I am part Irish so the flag caught my eye as we were looking for options. We were glad that we did. The ambiance is corner pub so four dots. The service was excellent, even though we didn't order any drinks our water was constantly filled even between lunch and dinner. So five dots. We split the shepherds pie and agreed that it was one of the best that we had. It was very rich and meaty. They didn't follow the practice of throwing in a lot of cheap onions to cut corners. Price was good, it was large enough for both of us to split and there was no extra charge. So five dots for value and five overall. Next time we are in Durango, we would go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Durango, Colorado
“Bar & Grill with a twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

While the menu specializes in burgers, there is usually an Irish cuisine selection. Those potatoes are fried to a crisp - no soggy ones here.

Visited June 2012
Durango, Colorado
“Okay Pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Kind of fun having an Irish pub in western Durango. The beer is excellent, the food just average. There is live Irish music on Sundays.

Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Ugh!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was skeptical when my friend suggested we have lunch at this pub. I don't usually like pub food, but I tried to keep an open mind. At my friend's suggestion, we both ordered the half portion of fish and chips. The fish was battered and fried and the fish itself seemed mushy. My friend sent hers back, asking for another order. She didn't feel that the fish was cooked sufficiently. I wasn't sure what was wrong with mine, but I didn't finish it. My overall impression of this place is that it is just a bar that serves typical bar food. My chair back was broken and the place seemed dingy and not very clean. Our wait person was very nice and apologetic about the chair and the food. I usually give restaurants a second chance but not sure I'd waste my time on this place when there are too many really good restaurants in Durango.

• Visited December 2012