“Honeymoon Horseback Riding” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Honeymoon Horseback Riding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We came to Durango on our honeymoon and decided to give horseback riding a shot. We originally chose to go with hole in the wall because it seemed like the most bang for your buck, being $55 for two hours. After our ride I am so glad we chose them! Neither of us had any horseback riding experience. Ben and Dylan were really helpful and made us feel comfortable. They took us out through forest areas, a lake, a cliff, and a river gorge. Everything was beautiful! The views are really amazing and they'll offer to take pictures for you! The horses here are not confined to a stable. They are free to run around the property and I really think that contributes to the happiness of the horses! Great ride and great guides!

Visited May 2014

Durango, Colorado
“Best Horseback riding in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Just returned from a fabulous riding trip with Ben & Dylan. FYI, my son and I are 'greenhorns' with little to no horseback riding experience and we were introduced to Bulls-Eye and Bo, two docile horses. We saddled up and were taken through some absolutely gorgeous trails by lakes and majestic cliff- views. Out two tour guides were friendly and knowledgeable. You simply can't do it any better.... VERY satisfied!

Visited May 2014
Durango
6 attraction reviews
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had a private tour near the end of the season. they didn't take the full two hours because the wrangler had a second job, but they gave us a discount, so I feel like we were made whole. They advertise the best views in Colorado, but there is only one part where you go up by a cliff and they let you get your picture taken. the horses were pretty good looking (yes that matters to me). Mine even trotted a little and jumped, which I didn't mind because I have ridden. But there was a hint of shadyness to the affair - there was no real stable, just horses in the woods, and the wrangler picked us up in a dirty truck to get down to the horses.

Visited August 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
63 attraction reviews
“Fantastic First Ride For Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I, who have virtually no equestrian experience, took a two hour ride on August 7, 2013. Dillon and Ben, who work for the stables, were very patient and guided us through the initial mounting of the horses and subsequent ride. The ride itself was fantastic, winding through beautiful ponderosa pine forests and along multiple lakes. It was a memorable experience and we were all glad that we did it. I highly recommend the Hole in the Wall Stables!

Visited August 2013
Rosemount, Minnesota
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I wish I could give Hole in the Wall higher than an Excellent! We met Tom on the side of the road, which wasn't too difficult, and he took us down to his place in his truck for a two hour ride. His horses, which are allowed to wander around on their own, came up to greet us and are very calm and friendly. Tom is a great guy, friendly and very knowledgeable. Tom helped us up on our horses and off we went with another horse and Tom's dog tagging along for fun. The trail he took us on was beautiful and the horses were great. This was definitely the highlight of our trip and I can't recommended it enough.

Visited July 2013