“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Durango
6 attraction reviews
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had a private tour near the end of the season. they didn't take the full two hours because the wrangler had a second job, but they gave us a discount, so I feel like we were made whole. They advertise the best views in Colorado, but there is only one part where you go up by a cliff and they let you get your picture taken. the horses were pretty good looking (yes that matters to me). Mine even trotted a little and jumped, which I didn't mind because I have ridden. But there was a hint of shadyness to the affair - there was no real stable, just horses in the woods, and the wrangler picked us up in a dirty truck to get down to the horses.

Visited August 2013

Hartford, Connecticut
31 attraction reviews
“Fantastic First Ride For Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I, who have virtually no equestrian experience, took a two hour ride on August 7, 2013. Dillon and Ben, who work for the stables, were very patient and guided us through the initial mounting of the horses and subsequent ride. The ride itself was fantastic, winding through beautiful ponderosa pine forests and along multiple lakes. It was a memorable experience and we were all glad that we did it. I highly recommend the Hole in the Wall Stables!

Visited August 2013
Rosemount, Minnesota
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I wish I could give Hole in the Wall higher than an Excellent! We met Tom on the side of the road, which wasn't too difficult, and he took us down to his place in his truck for a two hour ride. His horses, which are allowed to wander around on their own, came up to greet us and are very calm and friendly. Tom is a great guy, friendly and very knowledgeable. Tom helped us up on our horses and off we went with another horse and Tom's dog tagging along for fun. The trail he took us on was beautiful and the horses were great. This was definitely the highlight of our trip and I can't recommended it enough.

Visited July 2013
“Happy horses/Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The horses had a big wide open space in the woods to run around instead of beeing cooped up in a stabel and they were defiantly happy horses and they were beautiful.the guide was very nice and the scenery was fabulous.

Visited July 2013
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
5 attraction reviews
“Highlight of the Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a blast with the crew from Hole in the Wall Stables. Tom, Dillon and Ben are great guys. Their horses were calm and gentle--very appreciated since it had been decades since I sat on a horse. It really is a hole in the wall--we met Tom along the road since the drive down to the horses was really off-road. Tom took us all down in his truck.

I set up a stagecoach for a few folks who were not able to ride and Tom took them out and gave them a history of the area along with the ride--they were thrilled.

Great fun and great memory. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2013