“Fantastic First Ride For Family” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Horseback Riding Stables
Attraction Details
Hartford, Connecticut
63 attraction reviews
“Fantastic First Ride For Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I, who have virtually no equestrian experience, took a two hour ride on August 7, 2013. Dillon and Ben, who work for the stables, were very patient and guided us through the initial mounting of the horses and subsequent ride. The ride itself was fantastic, winding through beautiful ponderosa pine forests and along multiple lakes. It was a memorable experience and we were all glad that we did it. I highly recommend the Hole in the Wall Stables!

Visited August 2013

Rosemount, Minnesota
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I wish I could give Hole in the Wall higher than an Excellent! We met Tom on the side of the road, which wasn't too difficult, and he took us down to his place in his truck for a two hour ride. His horses, which are allowed to wander around on their own, came up to greet us and are very calm and friendly. Tom is a great guy, friendly and very knowledgeable. Tom helped us up on our horses and off we went with another horse and Tom's dog tagging along for fun. The trail he took us on was beautiful and the horses were great. This was definitely the highlight of our trip and I can't recommended it enough.

Visited July 2013
“Happy horses/Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The horses had a big wide open space in the woods to run around instead of beeing cooped up in a stabel and they were defiantly happy horses and they were beautiful.the guide was very nice and the scenery was fabulous.

Visited July 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
9 attraction reviews
“Highlight of the Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a blast with the crew from Hole in the Wall Stables. Tom, Dillon and Ben are great guys. Their horses were calm and gentle--very appreciated since it had been decades since I sat on a horse. It really is a hole in the wall--we met Tom along the road since the drive down to the horses was really off-road. Tom took us all down in his truck.

I set up a stagecoach for a few folks who were not able to ride and Tom took them out and gave them a history of the area along with the ride--they were thrilled.

Great fun and great memory. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“FANTASTIC... a "must do" for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I spent Labor Day weekend in Durango and the 1/2 day ride was definitely the highlight of our trip. I had called around to several places and made my selection primarily based upon the price. Fortunately, my penny pinching nature got my family and I saddled up with Hole in the Wall.
Now, I know nothing about the other places that offer rides other than that they cost more... but I do know that they don't have Tom.
The owner, Tom, guided my family of four through the most beautiful wilderness imaginable. There seemed to be magical scenery around every bend and beyond each ridge. Seemingly forgotten lakes, roaring rivers, and panoramic vistas made the entire ride breathtaking. Having Tom as our guide was awesome. He was patient and kind... and pretty damn funny. It really felt like he was doing it for the love of it, rather than the money. In fact, it wasn't until we had returned and were all saying goodbye that I remembered that I had forgotten to pay him (he hadn't even mentioned it).
As for the other reviews stating that it was hard to find... I felt like the directions he'd given me over the phone were pretty good, but I can understand how one might be thrown off by the fact that the meeting place is literally just on the side of the road (the horse trailer is the cue to pull over:)
The entire experience was awesome. We have an incredible family memory, and unbelievably beautiful pictures thanks to Tom, and Hole in the Wall.
If you are reading this trying to decide who to ride with... this is definitely the one to go with!

Visited September 2012