“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

It was my kids' first time to ride, the guides were great at engaging the kids and making sure they were happy. Gorgeous trail.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank lisa h

Cypress, Texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“beautiful family horse ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were hesitant about this ride at the beginning...the place was a little hard to locate (never saw "stables"...horses were through a fence and nothing was marked on a dirt road....no sign for stables, so we thought it looked a little shady.....the owner drove up road to meet us and put us on horses right there....we took a LOVELY 2 hr. ride through the woods and the horses worked going up and down some beautiful terrain.....you ended up at a spot where you looked out on the ENTIRE Durango area and Animas River.....the young guides (Dillon and friend - forgot name..sorry!) told us about the area, the land and animals on the land......kids had a BLAST and wanted to do it again another day......don't hesitate AT ALL about doing this trip with this company....took good care of us and always felt safe....great horses (some have even been in the movies!!).....we took another ride a few days later elsewhere and it was a BIG disappointment compared to this one....rode on a dirt road , took a picture, and rode back on dirt road....BORING!!! ...this is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Visited June 2012
4 Thank Tammy1971_12
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Perfect ride, professional owner/guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

My daughter and I were picked up by the owner b/c we didn't have transportation. We were driven to the horses, matched and off we went. Owner/guide is professional, proud of well-taken care of horses. Talked as we went, taught us about the area, showed us interesting things. Saw his carriage horses, in excellent condition - they have an awesome life in the woods with food, water, freedom. My daughter LOVED it and so did I. I wish Tom well and hope he continues to give visitors the enjoyment we had today.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank FLLadydoc
Amarillo, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Read all the good reviews of this company so I decided to give them a shot especially as my 10yr old son and 13yr old daughter have never even been on a horse before and it sounded like this company was the right one to treat us right and ensure my kids had a fun/safe 1/2 day ride. Boy was I wrong! I made my reservations through their website at least a month in advance, took 5 or 6 attempts before I got a response. Was able to secure a 1/2 ride for my family on 5/29/11 @ 10:00 am. I should have known something wasnt right when a week before the trip I sent this company a follow-up email to veify the date and time and never received a response. Well Memorial Day weekend comes around and I drive my family to this companies address and we end up standing there for 2 hours and nobody ever showed up. We ended up making last second arrangments with Bucks Livery who gave my family a wonderful 2 hr ride/tour. Hole in the Wall Stables is completely unprofessional and I would not recommend them to anyone!

Visited May 2011
11 Thank GunnerBurny
Miami, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“My 7yr old and I had a great ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

We took the short (15 min)drive north of town and easily found the location. They had a dozen or so well cared for horses who roam free on a large ranch at night. They selected 2 horses for our skill level and got us out quickly. There was no group waiting as we had experienced at other places. All of the equipment was of high quality - not a low end operator. The ride trail was through the forest and the scenery was beautiful. My son was nervous at first but Jennifer got him moving and put him quickly at ease. It was the highlight of his trip - even better than the train. The husband and wife team who run this were charming and we thoroughly enjoyed our ride. We will go again but do a longer ride.

2 Thank cocogrove25