“Repeat visitors to Colorado Trails” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colorado Trails Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durango
Colorado Trails Ranch
12161 County Road 240, Durango, CO   |
Massachusetts
“Repeat visitors to Colorado Trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

We just returned from our second visit to Colorado Trails and enjoyed it just as much as before. Jeannie and Mike do a wonderful job, you feel so welcome and cared for. The horses were excellent, calm and sure footed. The wranglers took us to beautiful trails so every ride was different. Moving cattle is one of my favorites, and it was a blast. Good food, comfortable acomodations, and good company made our vacation one to remember.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Gastonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

The images on their website do not do this guest ranch justice - its beautiful there. The adventure begins just learning what this is all about, but that isn't really half of the fun. The kids loved every minute of it. The food was wonderful and the scenery is astounding. Lots of nice people and excellent service. I'm so glad we went.

Castle Rock, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

My husband and I took our family to the ranch last month as a way to help in blending our two families together. We had not a lot of expecations, as we have never been to a Dude Ranch before. We were amazed at the way the staff handled everything, they were very organized. We loved the way that all of the staff interacted with each family and family member, and by the end of the week everyone felt like family to us.

The cabins are decorated lovely, with warm touches of home. They were very clean, with fresh towels and necesseties provided each day. The food was some of the best I've ever had. The chef did an amazing job of having the food ready on time, with a nice variety of different entrees. Still craving the fish... and the hamburgers in tortillas, smothered with cheese and green chile!!! The Trading Post was always open, so we could enjoy an ice cream cone and milkshake whenver we wanted.

The amount of activites is sure to thrill anyone! We never had a dull moment, and were eager to find what was going to happen next. Daily horseback riding, skeet shooting, fly fishing, white water rafting, boating, archery, square dancing, cook outs...the list goes on! We found so much joy in watching our children having the time of their lives, what an incredible memory for us.

The management and staff at Colorado Trails is beyond measure. Not once were we disappointed in how things were handled. Jeanne and Mike have many years together in managing the ranch, and do a phenomenal job. The sweetest relationship that was developed was between our children and their camp counselors.

I can't recommend Colorado Trails enough. I have told all of our friends of the joy of the memories that we will forever cherish in watching our family having such a wonderful vaction. This trip, without a doubt, was the best family trip ever taken.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I decided to take this trip to get away from the city life for a change. At first, I was not sure if I made the right decision, but that's to be expected walking into unknown territory. Once I arrived in Durango, I found the friendliest and most accommodating staff, which really threw me off. People aren't nearly this nice in Los Angeles!! I researched other dude ranches, but there wasn't anything that came close to the service I recieved the day I first spoke to someone on the phone. I would say this vacation is mostly for families and friends, but if you're looking to get far away from the 9 to 5, give this guest ranch a shot- you'll take home an everlasting treasured experience. I still love LA, but I'm going back next year- YEEHAW!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

As a retired Army Colonel and Partner in a consulting firm, I have traveled and vacationed around the world. This is one of the finest weeks and vacations of my life; warm and gracious hosts, a young staff that are true role models for your children, great accommodations, and a wide variety of activities in the Colorado mountains. The food is meticulously prepared and is to die for. The Colorado Trails Ranch offers extensive options for things to do and plans each day with activities for adults and children from young to past teenagers. The youth programs and leaders are exceptional and I recommend this vacation for any family. The activities schedule is always optional, but you will find each activity is fun, educational, and at times exhilarating, so that you will probably want to participate. However, peaceful time with wonderful vistas is always available. Don't miss the melodrama in Durango. It is a hoot.

Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

My husband and I took our seven children and grandma to visit Colorado Trails this month. We were thoroughly impressed. Our kids made lasting memories as they fished, hiked, shot guns, rode horses, rafted, and swam. There was something to do every minute of the day. The service was fantastic. Every night, there was some goody in our room (chocolate, fruit, flashlights for the kids, pens, postcards, etc). The food was amazing. This is not a dude ranch where you have to work - it is a vacation for the whole family. There are programs nightly (square dancing, cowboy singing around a campfire, ice cream social). The management went our of its way to make our stay perfect. The kids counselors were great examples for our children - very positive and attentive. They tailored the trip to their liking.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

While called a Dude Ranch, to me it is a vacation for an active family. From horseback riding to shooting rifles to fishing and hiking to whitewater rafting to tubing and waterskiing on a lake surrounded by mountains, we had non-stop fun. Add in a staff that has as much fun as the guests and food as good or better than any cruise and you have a GREAT family vacation.

We could not have been happier with our stay and strongly recommend this vacation for all. We are not affiliated with the Ranch in any way - although we now feel we are part of their family!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Colorado Trails Ranch? Share your experiences!