Pure fun! A week at Colorado Trails Ranch in the beautiful San Juan Mountains is the setting for a fabulous family vacation. For several summers my husband and I have traveled to CTR for the horseback riding and Art Week, so we were thrilled when our four rambunctious grandchildren were finally old enough to participate in the activities. We are a family of 11; ages 8 - 78.
Ask each person what they enjoyed most and you will get 11 different answers - horseback riding, tubing, trap shooting, the cattle drive, fishing, white water rafting, mountain climbing, swimming, bow and arrow, the soda fountain, and the RUCKUS ROOM!
But I, the matriarch of this menagerie, am writing this review, so I will tell you of my favorites:
1. The fabulous food! Three times a day I enjoyed great meals in the carefree company of my family.
2. I especially enjoy the square dancing and the Saturday afternoon CTR Rodeo. The stars of the rodeo are all the guests at the ranch. It is so much fun.
3. The Children's program is action packed and filled with exciting activities. It even includes an overnight campout. If you miss your kids though, you are welcome to join them.
Jeanne and her staff are the best! They are professional and friendly and will do everything possible to make sure that you have a great week at CTR. A great plus for CTR is that it is a seven day program whereas many guest ranches are only six days.
*A Priceless Vignette - Two years ago one of my grandsons went to the corral with the other children on Monday morning to meet his horse. He was afraid of the horse and would not get on it. The tears flowed. That afternoon, his daddy and the wrangler spent several hours with him alone in the corral until he gained skill and confidence. Now he's a real cowboy, and I am so grateful to the wrangler for that special attention. It made a huge difference!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fun, adventure and breathtaking scenery await you at Colorado Trails Ranch, outside Durango in Southwestern Colorado. Enjoy horseback riding and fly-fishing for all levels of ability. There's also rafting, shooting sports, hiking, swimming, campfire sing-a-long, dancing and more. Children make new friends and discover new activities in CTR's children/teens' program. Our array of activities, friendly staff, excellent food and comfortable cabins make our ranch vacation one you'll always remember. Since 2013, we have replaced almost all our cabins with new, larger cabins with living rooms. Discount weeks in June and September. We are open from June 7th to September 20th in 2015. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Trails Ranch Hotel Durango