“Awesome trip down the Upper Salt River” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 50 Activities in Durango
Type: Off road/All Terrain Vehicle Trails, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the magic of river rafting, guided jeep tours and Mesa Verde tours with Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Trail Tours in Southwest Colorado. We offer 77 trip options for ages 4 to 84. Options include whitewater rafting adventures on rafts or inflatable kayaks, beginner stand-up paddle boarding instruction, jeep trail tours, Mesa Verde Tours and packages with a one-way ride on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Train. Explore. Escape. Experience. And Always, Live with Adventure! Contact us today to plan your adventure!
Canton, Michigan, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome trip down the Upper Salt River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My daughter and I just finished an amazing day trip down the Salt River with Wil as our guide. Wil is a terrific guide and truly made our experience so enjoyable. This was my daughter's first experience white water rafting and she can't wait to take another trip with Wil as our guide.

Visited April 2013
mild2wild, Owner at Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Trail Tours, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thanks so much for choosing Mild to Wild for your daughter's 1st rafting experience. We are so glad you enjoyed the trip and Wil as your guide. Feel free to request him for your next trip with us! Thanks for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. See you soon!

Payson, Arizona
“Professional and fun loving guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was a fun and exciting kayak trip on the Upper Salt River. Bob and I were the only kayakers in the group and our guide, Will, was exceptional. He gave us good safety instructions, and was always close by, as well as the other rafts, so we had great support. It was my second kayak trip on white water, and Bob's 2nd or 3rd. Will was great to hang out with and he was very good at explaining the characteristics of each rapid before getting there. I was hoping to improve on my kayaking skills, and with Will's help, Bob and I survived a few learning curves. I feel a sense of accomplishment having tackled the Mescal Falls and all the other rapids. Bob said it was the best time ever!! The views, the plentiful rapids, the great staff and the great lunch will always be one of our most memorable days. (And it's true what is said about the shuttle ride back...it is as exciting as the trip down the river!) Thank you, Mild to Wild staff!

Visited April 2013
The best time you ever had?! Wow...that is quite a review! Thanks so much for choosing Mild to Wild Rafting and for taking the time to share your experience and post your review! We are so glad we could create such wonderful memories for you...and look forward to creating more!
Tempe, Arizona, United States
“Day trip down the Upper Salt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a wonderful time. The crew at the meet point helped us get our forms filled out and very graciously locked up our car keys for us. We were provided with wet suits, booties, splash jackets, life jackets, and helmets. As a Mom I appreciated that all items were clean and that the life jackets were in good working order for our safety. We were given a thorough briefing on safety issues. Our guide Neal was wonderful. He was fun and knowledgeable about the areas plants and history. The other guides were very good as well. Lunch was so good. They asked us if we had any vegetarians in our group or any one had dietary restrictions. We did not so we dined on steak, fresh salad, fresh fruit and chips and salsa. The day trip was very nice, not too long, just long enough for us all to have fun and get wet. I have rafted many rivers over the years and my husband was a rafting guide for many different companies. So I know when I've been given great service and these guys gave it from start to finish. We had so much fun on the day trip that next year we're going on the 3 day trip!! Thank you Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Tours!!

Visited March 2013
Thanks Denise for your thorough review of Mild to Wild from beginning to end of the day trip! We are glad you want to come back for a longer trip. The 3 day trip is incredible as the canyon changes dramatically the further you go into it! Feel free to request Neil for your next adventure with Mild to Wild on the Salt...or join him in SW Colorado for a summer multi-day adventure!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Awesome trip, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Found Mild To Wild on the web. Signed up myself, wife and 13 yr old daughter for the full day Salt River Canyon rafting tour. We were complete rookies, never been rafting. From the time we got to the meet up site to the end of the trip, we were made to feel right at home. We had Alex, the owner, as our river guide. Everyone on staff was helpful and patient. Very fun day with Alex. Lunch midway was terrific (steak, potatoes, salsa/chips, veggie platter, salads, etc...). My wife decided she was done after lunch; no problem. She was driven back to base camp with a couple of the support crew. I would highly recommend this outfit for anyone interested in doing river rafting, of any skill level. These guys are great. Thank you Alex, for helping make our vacation one to remember!

Visited March 2013
Thanks so much to my new Wisconsin friends for choosing Mild to Wild Rafting for your 1st whitewater adventure ever! I am so glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you are finding some spring weather back home in Wisconsin! I also hope to see you again on another one of our 77 trip options in SW Colorado, Utah or again in Arizona (next spring break???). Sincerely, Alex!
“Chris was the best guide ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing guide Chris he was amazing and funny. He made the trip ten times better and he made sure all of us got wet!!!!:):)

mild2wild, Owner at Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Trail Tours, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks so much for your review of Chris! We are fortunate to have him part of our team! We hope you join us for another trip with Chris!

Been to Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Trail Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Trail Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.