“Awesome white water rafting trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 36 activities in Durango
Type: Off road/All Terrain Vehicle Trails, Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Discover the magic of river rafting, guided jeep tours and Mesa Verde tours with Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Trail Tours in Southwest Colorado. We offer 77 trip options for ages 4 to 84. Options include whitewater rafting adventures on rafts or inflatable kayaks, beginner stand-up paddle boarding instruction, jeep trail tours, Mesa Verde Tours and packages with a one-way ride on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Train. Explore. Escape. Experience. And Always, Live with Adventure! Contact us today to plan your adventure!
Phoenix, Arizona
“Awesome white water rafting trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Mild to Wild Rafting on the Upper Salt River provided an exceptional river experience in a spectacular canyon. I have lived in the Phx. area for years but never know of this great canyon. From my reservation process over the phone with their office, to the trip check in, to the on river experience to the shuttle back to our car, this is a well run, professional organization.

Visited March 2011

Durango, Colorado
“The best family fun in the area! My kids and I go rafting every year with Mild to Wild!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I took my kids rafting on the Animas River in 2005. It was my daughter's first trip - she was only 4-years-old! She loved it - you can see her hiding her face against me when the splashing started. My son had been rafting with me on earlier trips. You can see him at the very front of the raft - loving every minute of Smelter's Run! He was 7-years-old at the time. Rafting with Mild to Wild is the best!

Visited April 2010
hillarykbd, Owner at Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Trail Tours, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Thanks so much for your review of Mild to Wild! We appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about your years of rafting with us. Thanks so much for being a long time customer! We look forward to seeing you again this summer!
Durango, Colorado
“1st rate company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I've lived in Durango for 26 years and ever since MILD TO WILD came into town that is who I recommend to my visitors. My family of four have rafted with them and we always are impressed by the competent staff and owners on site who are always making sure safety, fun and a great time is had by all! I was worried the first time with my little twin boys and the owner, Molly, made sure that our guide knew a "nervous mother" was on board and they did EVERYTHING to make our first raft trip a great one! We'll be back for sure!

Visited August 2010
Madison, WI
“No experience needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I get excited just thinking about going rafting again! I went rafting with Mild to Wild on a company outing and it was the best idea ever! We did the lower animas river run and had such a blast. Our guide was great and made sure we all had a fun and safe time. Many of us had never been rafting before but we all ended up having a great time! I would definitely recommend Mild to Wild to any large group that is looking for something to do while in Durango. The owner, Molly, even came up to us afterward to personally make sure we had a good time, we did!!!!!!!!

Visited June 2010
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Salt River Trip is amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I did the Salt River Trip with Mild to Wild in 2010 twice! Once earlier in the season when the river was fast. It was chilly out, but the air was fresh & crisp. We had a great time! We went back again towards the end of the season with 3 of my cousins and my uncle. We all loved it! It was warm and we were able to swim along the side of the raft at times. I think both times of the year are great to go. It is a wonderful day trip from Phoenix and perfect for all ages. The first trip we had a lady on our raft that was in her 60's and the second trip my cousins are ages 8, 11 and 12 and they loved it! They keep asking when we get to go again this year. The staff at Mild to Wild was very professional and knowledgable. Lunch was great. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a fun day or weekend trip. Thanks Mild to Wild!

Been to Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Trail Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Trail Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later