“Food is a bit too "stylish"” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eolus Bar & Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 166 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th street and Main Avenue
Transit: Durango Trolley stops in front of the Cosmopolitan on Historic Main Street.
Description: From farm to table and vine to wine Eolus Bar & Dining offers something for everyone. The local bounty shines through as the restaurant features an array of local products from farms, ranches, vinters, and breweries around southwest Colorado. Offering distinct places to enjoy the cuisine the rooftop patio is covered providing ample protection from the elements while providing premium views of the surrounding mountains. The elegant dining room provides choices of tables or booths to relax and sample creative concoctions from the bar. Eolus is great place to celebrate special occasions so be sure to let us know how we can elevate your dining experience. We are open 7 nights a week starting at 4:30.
Albuquerque
“Food is a bit too "stylish"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2015 NEW

A group of friends decided to eat here as we thought the ambiance would allow us to have a conversation without shouting over a din. We were right! It is a lovely atmosphere to enjoy a conversation with your companions. Several of us ordered the Smoked Salmon Chopped Salad and were surprised to find it arranged in narrow strips on the platter - a bit too "stylish" or trendy with a two tiny drops of dressing in the corners. Our waittress was superb throughout and she immediately brought us more dressing. The smoked salmon was a bit too salty or seemed more like sushi salmon. The wine list was well done. I would like to return the next time I'm in Durango and check out the Happy Hour selections.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Granbury, Texas
“A Real Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

I had read the Trip Advisor reviews and based on other's reviews thought I would try this restaurant. All the other reviewers were correct this is one fantastic restaurant. I was greeted upon entry, seated promptly, offered coat service, and the waiter was there pronto. He knew his products and offered prompt service. I had the special sushi of the day and the small beet salad with a house white wine. I didn't need anything else, but I will tell you I plan on going back before leaving Durango. Consider this restaurant in your dining choices.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Durango, Colorado
“Amazing and memorable Valentine's Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

This place knows what they are doing, from the professional and friendly service to the excellent food. We were thoroughly impressed, and will definitely return to this special place.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Durango Mountain, Colorado
“The Chef Chris is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

Chris, the chef is amazing. From trendy appetizers to amazing entrees, you won't be disappointed. Great adult beverages too!

Grand Junction, Colorado
“Just BEET it....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

In town and downtown for a walk, looking for decent place for a solo happy hour that was not deep fried and luckily ducked in here. I was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere and menu selection. Being somewhat of a non-traditional diner, I chose the Warm Beet salad for my appetizer and found it to be fantastic. I had a nice conversation with my neighbors and was happy!

• Visited December 2014