“Made the mountain my B*” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 28 Attractions in Durango
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
Attraction Details
Durango, Colorado
“Made the mountain my B*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Whatever I write, it won't do justice to the experience I had at SheRide. Weeks after camp, we were emailing each other & passing on knowledge of what we learned at camp & reminiscing about the tree runs & boxes we hit (not literally) . There were about 30 of us, all of us fundamentally similar in our desire to learn and to have fun. The coaches divide the groups everyday depending on what you want to learn & the coaches rotate. You also have one coach who dedicates one day to videotaping all the riders. Each day was different; each coach engaged us in a different way; the results at the end of the camp were amazing. I’ve been riding for a long time and have never felt this empowered. The five lovely ladies in my group found support in each other and we found it much easier to drop our boundaries & limitations. For me, those boundaries were the trees. I avoided them like soggy pretzels. But after day three of SheRide, I won’t say that I’ve conquered them, but I’ve found a way to enjoy them a little bit. Now, the little 5 year olds won’t put me to shame. It says something when many of the participants were previous SheRide graduates that keep coming back. I hope to be a repeat offender too.

Visited March 2012

Jackson, Wyoming, United States
10 attraction reviews
“What a great experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

SheRide is a blast. The instructors are excellent and a lot of fun. The women who attended were really great too. I had a wonderful time. I wish I had learned to snowboard as a beginner in a SheRide camp. I would have gotten a lot better a lot faster. It's a really good way to become a better rider!

Visited March 2012
Durango, Colorado
“Can't wait to do it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

I just returned from an amazing She Ride weekend in Durango. It was such a pleasure to get to be a part of such an fantastic, positive and caring group of women. I learned so much in such a short period of time all while laughing and having a great time. This was my first time snowboarding so I really wasn't sure what I could expect to pick up in 3 days, I exceeded any expectations I may have had. The coaches were so great to work with and by the second day we were working our way down from the top of the hill and by day 3 it really clicked. Each day we had a different coach, each with a special, supportive way of teaching. I would encourage any woman who has ever considered wanting to learn, to do it the right way....The She Ride way. Thank you ladies...can't wait to do it again. I hope to see you at your mountain bike camp too. XOXOXOXOXO!!!

Durango, CO
“Exactly What I Needed!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I have been a snowboarder for 13 years and never got better than just carving the mountain. SheRide rocks! All the female instructors are great at bringing it back to the basics. What an incredible weekend. I met other great women at all different levels that thoroughly enjoyed themselves as well. I am a better "shredder" thanks to SheRide! Highly Recommend YOU check it out first hand.

phoenix
“She Power at it's best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

I am a 3 time She Ride camper and a huge fan of the camp and the coaches. Because of She Ride I can now shred with the best of them and even teach my husband a few things.

I was ready to give up on boarding when I received an e-mail about an all woman's snowboard camp in Durango. I gave it a try and in the first hour, of the first day, of my first camp the coaches cleaned up my stance and I have been unstoppable ever since.

After that first camp I walked away with new found confidence in my riding and in myself. She Ride didn't just teach me about snowboarding. Somewhere within the amazing space provided by the coaches and campers I walked away with a self confidence I never had before.

The women who coach this camp are incredible teachers. They make each and ever woman feel important and will stop at nothing to make sure you reach your goals.

If you are worried you maybe too "old" or unteachable, don't. Every camp we have woman from 16 - 50+. I am 42 and never have I felt I am to old to learn a new trick. She Riders don't see age just possibility.

I guarantee you will walk away with new skills, confidence, great memories and new friends.