“Perfect all around stay at the Gable House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gable House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durango
Gable House Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Gable House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
805 E. Fifth Ave., Durango, CO 81301   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #5 of 16 Durango B&B and Inns
Beaverton, Oregon
“Perfect all around stay at the Gable House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

It's been awhile since I've traveled on my own and finding the Gable House was perfect as a single woman on the road. The location to central Durango was perfect so once I parked my car, I could walk everywhere. Heather made sure that I'd feel comfortable, safe and well taken care of. The house itself has such an interesting history and great artwork many from local artists. My room with its private bath was spotless yet felt like you were back at home. Besides being a terrific cook, I really enjoyed having the time to sit with Heather and the other guests as everyone had an interesting life story to tell. My return visits to Durango with always take me to the Gable House.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We chose this lovely B&B based on tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed! This lovely B&B is located in a quiet neighborhood a few blocks off the main street in Durango. We walked at a good clip to the train station and it took us 10 minutes. Restaurants are about the same time away and the streets are safe and easy to navigate. There is off-street parking but during our stay we just parked on the quiet street in front of the Gable House and there were no problems. The B&B has lovely gardens and even nicer rooms. I believe our room was called the large suite and it was perfect for us. We had a private bath and a private balcony overlooking the side street. The room and bathroom were spotless. Our host Heather was more than welcoming and could expertly answer any questions we had of the area. One day we were driving to Mesa Verde National Park and Heather loaned us a cooler that had a compartment of ice in the lid to keep our lunches cold. This was strictly her idea. She obviously cares about her guests and wants to make their stay in Durango as pleasant as possible. We have relatives that always want Harley Davidson t-shirts from our travels. Heather directed us right to the dealership! This was a first for us. Usually owners of B&B's aren't this attuned to the area.
The breakfasts at the Gable House were fantastic! We stayed there 4 nights and looked forward to the breakfasts as much as the comfortable room. Heather makes her breakfasts with a southwest flavor and we were happy that she wasn't afraid to add a little heat to the recipes. We stayed in 4 B&B's on this trip and these breakfasts were definitely among the best of them all.
Our room did not have a television but there was a commons area on the 3 floor where you could watch TV if you had to. We bring books on our vacations so this was no problem for us.
We WILL return!!! Highly recommended!!!

Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed for three nights at the Gable House in Durango in July of 2013. After some small confusion over which room we had booked (a misunderstanding which Heather more than generously resolved), we settled in for a delightful visit in this charming Western town. Gable House is a huge, historic residence in a quiet, tree-lined neighborhood only a few blocks from the main walking part of town. There are many restaurants and shops nearby and the train station is about 10 minutes away. Heather serves excellent breakfasts in her spacious, sunlit dining room. She is also eager to help and has a number of tips and recommendations for making your stay in Durango comfortable and fun. We were there in July and it was apparently unseasonably warm that week, but our room on the second floor stayed reasonably cool. There was also a small balcony on which we would sit in the evenings and read. Despite the heat, we enjoyed the town and would consider going back, perhaps in the spring or the fall. And we would stay at Gable House again without a doubt. Thanks, Heather, for some true Western hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at Gable House B&B. Our room and en suite BR were very clean. The bed was really comfortable. The location was quiet and very well situated to take in Durango by foot...only 10-12 mins to the train station. Heather was very friendly, helpful with recommendations for dinner and provided very good breakfasts. If we are in the area again we will stay at Gable House.

Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights here. We had a king bed room on the third floor. There is a nice room to play games, watch TV or check email. There is a lovely balcony to enjoy your wine and watch the sunset. It also has a lovely lawn area outside as well. Heather is an excellent innkeeper. The breakfasts were excellent and she is very helpful in telling us great restaurants to go. There is wireless Internet in each room. We will definitely go back and stay with Heather for a longer visit. Look no further for a clean, quiet and good value place to stay.

Room Tip: If you can't climb a couple flights of stairs, this place is not for you. Also, I could not dele...
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at the Gable House for 3 nights and were made very welcome by Heather, our 3rd floor room was lovely with private bathroom, and the breakfasts were delicious and healthy.
Heather was very helpful with dinner recommendations and knowledge about Durango.
The house is delightful, filled with antiques etc and a joy to return to each day. It was within a few minutes walking distance of shops and restaurants and the neighbourhood was very quiet on an evening. Would definitely stay again if returning to Durango.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I had lived in Durango during my collegiate years and had dreamed of staying at the Gable House when I grew up. So when booking my stay for my new wife and me on our mini-moon, I had high expectations.

Well Heather and the Gable House far exceeded our expectations. We felt at home from the beginning of our stay. The room was very comfortable, the breakfasts were tasty and healthy, and Heather was outstandingly hospitable.

My wife promptly announced to me: "Every time we come back to Durango, we will be staying at the Gable House." Well you know, happy wife, happy life. Luckily, heather will have us covered.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Gable House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!