“Lovely stay in Durango” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gable House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durango
Gable House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 16 Durango B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay in Durango”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at the Gable House for 3 nights and were made very welcome by Heather, our 3rd floor room was lovely with private bathroom, and the breakfasts were delicious and healthy.
Heather was very helpful with dinner recommendations and knowledge about Durango.
The house is delightful, filled with antiques etc and a joy to return to each day. It was within a few minutes walking distance of shops and restaurants and the neighbourhood was very quiet on an evening. Would definitely stay again if returning to Durango.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I had lived in Durango during my collegiate years and had dreamed of staying at the Gable House when I grew up. So when booking my stay for my new wife and me on our mini-moon, I had high expectations.

Well Heather and the Gable House far exceeded our expectations. We felt at home from the beginning of our stay. The room was very comfortable, the breakfasts were tasty and healthy, and Heather was outstandingly hospitable.

My wife promptly announced to me: "Every time we come back to Durango, we will be staying at the Gable House." Well you know, happy wife, happy life. Luckily, heather will have us covered.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Heather loves her home and people. Her home reflects this. Everything is clean, comfortable and spotless. She is interested in everything you want to reveal about yourself. It was a hike to the 3rd floor; but the prize was a private bathroom. Breakfast was delightful original homemade cooking. The sadness was that I could only stay 2 nights - this trip.
This was my first experience to stay at a bn'b. Now I do not want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

When we arrived at the Gable House, Heather welcomed us warmly and led us to our room on the third floor. The room was immaculate and nicely decorated. Since the weather was a bit cool, she made sure we had an extra comforter for the bed (which we did not actually need). The neighborhood was quiet and a few minutes walk from the main street with many restaurants and shops. Heather suggested a place for dinner which we very much enjoyed. She also alerted us to a bargain shopping opportunity at a store that was having a going out of business sale.
When we arrived, Heather told us that she was awaiting word about the imminent birth of her first grandchild in Cheyenne, WY. While the birth did not occur while we were her guests, it is worth noting that her excitement about her first grandchild in no way interfered with her attentiveness to us.
She prepared a wonderful breakfast and visited with us while we ate.
We will definitely stay at the Gable House if we visit Durango again.

Room Tip: It seems to me that all the rooms are equally good.
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I recently spent several nights at Gable House and it was a wonderful experience. Heather and Michael went out of their way with their warmth, friendliness and hospitality to make my stay there very memorable. I was travelling on my own and felt that it was like a home away from home. My room was immaculate and breakfasts were gourmet quality. The location was great for ease of walking to Main Street. I have stayed at many B&B's abroad and this was one of the best ones. Heather was very attentive to my needs and her interest in my care and comfort was so heart warming. After I finished walking the Colorado Trail for one week, camping out and climbing up and down from 9,500' to 12,500 ft. everyday, it was wonderful to come back to Gable House and feel like I was coming home, dirty and tired as I was. Thank you so much Heather and Michael. I hope to see you again in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Parkville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed two nights in this lovely historic mansion and loved every minute! Heather is a gracious hostess who shares her home and knowledge of the Durango area with you. She is a wonderful cook who prepared delicious breakfasts for us to fit our schedule. We had a lovely room with its own porch where we could relax at any hour of the day or night. We love the Durango area with its fabulous history, scenery, art, and dining. Staying at the Gable House made us love Durango even more. We can't wait to go back! Kathy & Ron from Parkville, MO

Room Tip: We had a big room on the 2nd floor with a private bath and its own little porch. Perfect for us! I...
Meeker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our first time staying in a bed and breakfast, and if they are all like The Gable House we'll look for them before ever looking for a motel room again!! Heather was a delightful hostess.The historic house was wonderful to wander around and see the craftsmanship. The rooms were spacious, clean, and well organized. There was ample balconies for just sitting, and the décor was nice. The rooms were of adequate size and were comfortable as were the beds. The bath's were very clean and nice. The breakfasts were very enjoyable with a generous serving. The proximity to town was just another plus as the walking distance and not having to fight parking downtown was a benefit to staying in this very enjoyable B&B. Thank you so much. We'll be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Gable House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!