“Certainly the best-kept secret!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Siesta Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durango
Siesta Motel
You added Siesta Motel to your Saves list
3475 Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301   |
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Durango
Brooklyn, New York
“Certainly the best-kept secret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I only stayed one night but the staff were so accommodating. Maureen allowed us to check in late at night and even saved us from missing our flight in the morning when my friend left his phone in the locked room. She sent someone to help right away! And the room was great. Fluffy pillows, individual couches and just fabulous decor. It's not like one of those impersonal modern places to stay. This is family-owned and sweet...definitely a best-kept secret as advertised.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stay here several times a year and just love coming back. The rooms are always clean, the beds are always comfortable. The owners and management are so accommodating and friendly, if you need something all you have to do is ask. They go above and beyond every time. It's a great location only a mile and a half to the train. Thanks again SIESTA for a wonderful stay you sure know how to run a business, after 39 years you know what your doing! See you again soon!

Room Tip: Such a great motel!! "All the rooms are great"
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Durango, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

DO NOT STAY AT THE SIESTA MOTEL! Made reservations for a one-month stay at the SM, while waiting to move into my new house. Given previous reviews and the motel's website, it looked like a good choice. NOT!!! My room was DARK, DANK, SMELLY, AND NOISY (the motel is right off of the 550). Because of the cheap price, I decided I could brave the poor quality for a month. Had to leave town on a family emergency for a week, and the management knew I was away. When I returned, groceries I had purchased had been cleaned out of my mini-frig and personal items were missing from the closet. I shared my concerns with the management and was met with a DISRESPECTFUL, RUDE, and INSULTING response. I was even accused of lying. INCREDIBLE! The Siesta Motel does not care about its guests or their guests' property. It is FAR FROM A FRIENDLY FAMILY ESTABLISHMENT. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY ITS WEBSITE!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at the Siesta Motel in Durango in September 2013. I've stayed at different places in Durango before, but this by far was the best. the owners were very accommodating when I wanted to extend, offering the same room if I didn't want to move, if the folks that reserved the room could get a better room at my cost. That was fine with me rather than move! The room was beautiful, the heat was great on a cold night, and the bed was SOO comfortable that I didn't want to get out of it :-) That's saying a lot, because in that area I only want to be outside walkig or hiking. Great location at north end of town, right near a trolley stop. Owners were very nice and personal - I felt like my satisfaction mattered to them, unlike many places I've experienced--especially as a solo traveler! Would recommend it highly and I plan on staying there when I return to Durango.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bishop, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Rarely can you find such hospitality these days. In a world full of corporations merely trying to take advantage of its clientele, the Siesta Hotel in Durango, Colorado, stands out above the competitors. With an over saturated market of sleazy hotel owners, I have to say this is a new favorite of ours!

The owners are friendly and more than willing to offer quaint rooms and great services, with out the need to coax customers with dried out donuts for continental breakfasts and promises they can't keep.

Here you'll find friendly owners and family alike, who value their customers as much as their customers value them. A cut above the rest indeed!

Thank you for the room Siesta! The rooms aren't free, but your willingness to go above and beyond for your customers is bar none the best we've encountered during our travels.

Thanks again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Cute little older motor court, I loved that we could park right by our room. The office was closed when we arrived, but the owner had called our cell earlier in the day and left us a key. The room and bath were very CLEAN and the pillow bed was great. The room was small with a funky tiny kitchen, loved having a back window. The furniture was tried and worn but functioned. The grounds were well maintained with proper lighting at night. I only saw the owners at check out (it's off season), but they always picked up their end of the phone and were very very helpful. For some reason Durango is an overpriced town, so it was great finding an affordable place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sand Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Read all the reviews, so gave them a try. First, the office was locked all the time. Finally got the attention of a grounds person who didn't speak English. They woke up the employee, who unlocked the front door for my check-in. The room was fair, but not roomy. No counter in Bathroom at all. Had to set my toiletries on toilet tank. The towels were clean, but I think they were older than I am. No ice machine anywhere to be found. But the next day is where they really failed. No maid service for room. I was gone all day on a trip. No office open so to get clean towels and coffee for next morning. (I had a 850 mile trip to make. That coffee would have pardoned everything.) I thought the place was abandoned. No TV channel guide. Ran out of toilet paper. Had to go buy some at the store. I will not ever stay here again. If I had known they were not going to service the room, I would have checked out and found somewhere else. I guess I now must ask if there will be maid service when I check in. Their $52 rate was double what it was worth. All I paid for was a bed to sleep in.

Room Tip: Stay away in their off season.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Siesta Motel? Share your experiences!