“Best place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Siesta Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durango
Siesta Motel
You added Siesta Motel to your Saves list
3475 Main Avenue, Durango, CO 81301   |
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Durango
Austin, CO
“Best place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at Siesta Motel. Every room we have stayed in has exhibited emmaculate housekeeping and each is decorated differently. Some have kitchenettes. We have been going to Durango regularly this year as our daughter is attending Fort Lewis College. Siesta gives the families of FLC students a discount on an already good price! The service is great and the people are friendly; we feel like a welcome member of the family. And the beds are the most comfortable we have ever slept in at a motel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Troy, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My significant other and I stayed here for the evening when I had to catch a 6:00am flight the next morning out of the Durango/La Plata Airport. This place truly is the Best Kept Secret in Durango, as the sign says. The price was very reasonable considering most of the other hotels in the area are easily $125+. The only member of the staff we encountered was the gentleman at the front desk upon checking in and he was quite friendly. The room itself was small, but not in an off-putting way at all. It was very cozy and cute and had a regional theme complete with Southwest styled pottery on the wall and wooden ladders resembling the kind the Ancient Puebloian ancestors used. The bathroom was of nice size. My only complaints about it was the lack of complimentary toiletries (there were three tiny bars of soap, but no shampoo or conditioner) and the stand-up shower was small enough that the water consistently sprayed outside the designated area even with the curtain drawn. (I think this is because the ledge on the bottom and walls of the shower was not tall enough). The bed was unbelieveably comfortable and felt like the type of memory foam that you simply sink into makes you never want to get up. My only regret is that I had to get up to catch my flight very early and I didn't get to enjoy the wonderful bed even longer. The motel is right on the trolley line (which is free to ride) and it goes up/down town. It made finding a place to eat very convienent considering we didn't have to drive around a town we were unfamiliar with and get lost (which seems to be a pattern with my significant other and me). And I thought the checkout procedure was perfect considering I had to leave so early. There was a hook by the door with a posting which indicated checkout was at 11am and all we had to do was leave our keys on the hook. Very convienent. Overall, I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone who is visiting the area and looking for a cute and cozy place to stay that doesn't break the bank.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We came across the Siesta Motel while searching for accommodations in Durango and we were so happy we did. The sign at the motel says, "Best Kept Secret in Durango" and we couldn't have agreed more. The room was clean, stocked with extra pillows and just the right size for a couple looking for a fun-filled weekend in this Colorado town. The owner Larry was extremely helpful with town tips and restaurant recommendations. The hotel was in a perfect location to pick up the FREE trolley that will transport you to various locations throughout the town. Overall great experience and reasonable price. We enjoyed our stay so much that we cannot wait to get back! Thanks Siesta Motel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Az
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The good- the rooms and property are clean and well maintained. I heard no noise from my neighbors. I stayed in room 23. The cost was ok for the area, 85.00 a night for 4 nights.
The not that big of a deal-No continental breakfast, but there is a coffee maker in the room. The tvs are the old tube type.
The bad and just plain creepy- I came back from a day of motorcycling and found a note on my door to see the manger. I was advised that they had found a rag in my room with orange stains on it and that if I wanted to clean my bike they had rags for that. the owner had assumed that I had cleaned grease off my bike. I had to explain to him that it was orange soda that had spilled on the floor. No body likes being accused of something they didn't do, and I am no exception. Checking stains on a rag-eeww!
Having owners live on site is a blessing and a curse

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Payson, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here during a cruise through the Rockies. It is a delightful, adorable, CLEAN, American family run, funky little motel!! It is right at the end of Main Street in Durango. There is a free trolley stop right out front of the motel, which will take you to downtown and all of the restaurants, shops and fun!
The rooms are decent sized, outrageously comfortable beds, adorably decorated. Though the property is clearly not new, it is very well maintained, clean, beautifully landscaped and EXCELLENT value. If you are looking for a CLEAN, comfortable, safe place to stay and enjoy Durango, the Siesta Motel is it.
In the interest of full disclosure, there are few amenities in the bathrooms, there was no shampoo provided, nor blow dryers. But the shower is sizable and there was plenty of hot water.
We would definitely stay at The Siesta Motel on our next trip through Durango; as well as recommend it to others.

Room Tip: As this is a motel, built in a U shape and you park your car right outside your room. All rooms seem...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked this motel after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. I agree with most of the positive reviews of the property and would recommend it as a good, reasonable place to stay for a visit to charming Durango.

My experience was marred by the fact that I had an allergic reaction to whatever they are using to clean the linens. I was up all night as was my son with itchy eyes and difficulty breathing. I ended up sitting outside and watching the humming birds on the feeder by the office door. Luckily, the coffee shop about a block down the street is open very early so I was able to walk down and get a coffee and enjoyed that as I sat outside.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The owners were pleasant and accommodating. The rooms have stove, refrigerator, sink, dishes, comfy lounging chairs, and other amenities. The owners encouraged us to use the gas grill outside and we did. The grounds and rooms are very well maintained. We were able to catch the free Durango Trolly right outside the door and did all of our local travel without having to get in the car. A pleasant stay at a pleasant price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Siesta Motel? Share your experiences!