“Siesta, July 2013” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Siesta Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durango
Siesta Motel
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Clarkston, Michigan, United States
“Siesta, July 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed there for three nights. Room was clean, quite and reasonably priced, property is well maintained, owners were very hospitabable(provided everything for washing/cleaning a motorcycles or cars). Trolley service every 25 min. was convenient to travel downtown(Strater Hotel for food, drink and entertainment is the best). I recommend the Siesta to any motorcyclist visiting the Durango area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lismore, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We did a 7500ml trip across the US over seven weeks on a motorcycle, and stayed in many motels. Our stay at the Siesta was one of the more pleasant of our trip, our hosts Larry and Marlene could not have done more to make our stay as comfortable and pleasant as it was. We asked if we could use the Bar-b-que Larry had it all cleaned, supplied plates and cutlery and even seasoned our steak. The rooms are clean and comfotagle & tastefully decorated the garden area is well maintained and a great place to sit after a long ride. It is motor cycle friendly with washing facilities supplied. If you want to get away from the stero typical chain motels our suggestion is give it a go!
David & Susan Lancaster NSW Australia

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
midwest, america
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stopped for one night on a road trip. Owners seemed friendly and allowed me to switch rooms after the mattress in the first was not up-to-snuff. If you check in and your room isn't what you are looking for, ask and you can probably try another if they have space. Seemed like a good location. Easy access to downtown, the trolley stop, grocery stores and the river trail. (Which is great for biking and gave me a good view of Durango in my short time there.) I guess I don't understand when other reviewers complain about lack of a pool and hot tub. It's pretty apparent they DON'T have those, so if that's what you're looking for, go elsewhere. Rooms were clean and fairly quiet. I would suggest they update their mattresses, because even the second bed I tried was pretty broken down. But if I'm out that way again, this will be the first place I stop when in Durango.

Room Tip: For budget-minded travelers, looking for a clean, friendly motel. Is on a busy road, so ask for room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Flagstaff AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Loud!!!! High traffic noise. The owners are wonderful and I didn't want to tell them I was disappointed. No pool . No hot tub. It was my Birthday and I was looking forward to something less like my grandmas shed and more romantic. I booked this after Reading the reviews and have now realized that most people's idea of quaint means tiny with ugly paneling and a 3 by 3 shower . I was super disappointed that my only view of Durango from my room was the grill of my vehicle . Clean but not what I was looking for.

• Stayed July 2013
Arkansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stay annually at the Siesta Motel. Safe on the trolley route so easy access around town. Serious Texas BBQ a block away with great food. City Market two blocks. We bbq on the motel grill and use the picnic area. Rooms are clean with up to date bedding that are clean. The owners are very helpful and it nice getting to know some of the guests during our stay.

Room Tip: Two rooms have small kitchens and sleep multiple guests.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MESQUITE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at the Siesta Motel during our Durango Whitewater/Zip lining trip. I had arrived 2 days earlier than my group and stayed an extra day. The owners are super! Friendly and helpful. The rooms are colorful and comfortable. I liked you could open the windows up and enjoy the cool night breezes. My room had a refrigerator and a microwave. But don't forget your own shampoo and hair dryer! They do not provide these!

Right off a stop on the free trolley, you can easily get back and forth to town with little wait. Close walking distance to restaurants, food truck corral, a grocery store and Durango Brewing company, this hotel has a lot to offer for a great price.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The single bed rooms have a microwave and refrigerator. I did not see a refrigerator in the corner...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
North Richland Hills, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Siesta Motel and was all in all pleased with the hotel. The entire motel was immaculately clean, not a blade of grass out of place. It definitely is a non smoking hotel, we were told you cannot smoke in the rooms, which is not a problem, but you also cannot smoke anywhere in the parking lot or in front of the rooms. The only place you are allowed to smoke is the courtyard which was not a problem for us. We only had a couple of issues while there. We checked in early evening after a full day of riding motorcycles and wanted nothing more than a shower and comfortable bed. When I went to take a shower the shower stall (its not a tub) was not draining and quickly filling up with water. I had to turn the water off while washing up then turn it back on to rinse. My boyfriend had to wait over an hour for it to drain before he could attempt to take one. We tried calling the phone number listed for the hotel and did not get an answer, I also walked to the office and there were no other numbers listed and no one around. I wonder what you would do if there was a real emergency and you couldn't contact anyone? The next morning I saw the owner in his car in the parking lot so I walked over to let him know about the shower not draining, by the time we got back to the room that evening it was fixed.

The rooms were VERY clean and comfortable. They were a little small and you only have a 19" TV but you do have a small fridge. Not bad. The room we stayed in had the native american ladders hung on the wall behind the bed and they were hung a little low as we kept hitting our heads on them when you were in bed but the bed was very comfortable.

The one thing I was a little dissapointed in was no pool or hot tub. They have a nice enclosed gazebo in the courtyard that I thought was a hot tub but it's only a table and 4 chairs for I guess playing cards in. It would have been nice to have a hot tub. Other motels right there had advertised cheaper rates and they had a pool and hot tub and looked nice. If you don't want these things and are just looking for a quiet, clean place right on the trolley line this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room along the back, it's right on a busy street and if you are close to the front it may...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Siesta Motel? Share your experiences!