“Great Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We went here with a group for dinner. My wife and I had the 'Big Six'; pulled pork, brisket, turkey, ribs, pork loin and Texas sausage. This is a great dish for two and the BBQ was nicely executed.

The place has a very casual atmosphere, great for our purpose. We sat outside with a nice view of the river and had live music. Next time we are with a group in Durango this place is on our list!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ajo, Arizona
“Dry ribs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Was expecting some really good food. The seating was nice. Cold beer at counter to choose from in iced bucket, nice. The ribs were so dry we had a hard time swallowing--really no kidding. What time did they prepare these guys?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Owasso, Oklahoma
“Pulled Pork and Sliced Brisket was delish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Our kids (18, 21) insist we eat there when we are in town. We ended up eating there twice this vacation. Everything was great except for the cheesy potatoes. They were served not hot. My children thought they were okay. I did not like them. The service was great as usual. A change of taste from the sauce we are used to! We will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Montana
“It's okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Don't get the local favorite lol unless you are a meat and potatoes person.. Umm I wasn't impressed the meat had a smoky taste :) staff was a bit rude there was a choice of a cpl beers I love barbecue I just think it was overpriced and dry and stay away from the coleslaw

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I visited Serious Texas Bar-B-Q in Durango. As a business traveler it’s nice to have a good place to eat. And for Durango there prices are good. Most of their other place I have tried in Durango are overpriced. I had the sliced beef and it was okay. A little dry this time. I should have stuck to the ribs, they have always been great. I really love there sauce.
Downside was all the flies. They need to do something about that. Continually swatting gets old fast. Even with all this I do recommend them and will visit again. Thanks.

• 3 of 5 stars Food