“Charming and Rustic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of FloAnn's Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drake
FloAnn's Cottages
You added FloAnn's Cottages to your Saves list
163 Big Pine Lane, Drake, CO 80515   |
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Kansas City, Missouri
“Charming and Rustic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

FloAnn's is charming and rustic, similar to a lake cabin. The cabins are situated in the mountains next to the Big Thompson River with wonderful views. In addition, it is pet-friendly, which was important to us. FloAnn even baked us cookies during our stay! We would definitely stay here again. If you want daily maid service and "perfect" everything, this place is not for you. Go stay at the Wyndam Resort in Estes Park and leave the charming places to those who appreciate it. Of note, the driveway to the cottages is gravel and rather steep. 4WD is best, although FWD should manage fine.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
faj, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
You said it just right and that certainly is what I am all about. The whole area is just a comfortable place and you can make what ever you want out of it. The wonderful Rocky Mountain Nation Park is a one of a and should not be missed as well as Trail Ridge Road. I just love it here.
FloAnn

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Landstuhl, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband booked this place as we were looking for something that was outside of Estes and pet friendly. He warned me that the photos on the website made it look rustic. We booked Cabin 3, which is a one bedroom unit. When we drove up we literally started laughing and continued to do so for about five minutes. That was before we even went inside. Rustic was putting it lightly. For what we paid, we expected more. To give you an idea, the decor included an 8-Trac player and a cabinet of taped from television movies on VHS cassettes. The stack of magazines in our room included Martha Stewart Living from the late-1990s. A floral couch and plaid chairs adorned the living area.

The Pros:
-Clean
-Pet Friendly
-Outside the hustle and bustle of Estes, yet nearby
-Quiet
-Full kitchen to make your own food

The Cons:
-No cell phone service
-Smokey smell inside
-Horrible, mismatched, old, garage sale furniture (even our silverware was probably parts of 4-5 different sets)
-Needed MAJOR updating and work (our toilet was blanced on the floor with wedges of wood sticking out and the shower dripped all night long and you could barely turn around in our shower.

It was fine. It worked. But, I wouldn't recommend it and I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
TJmanspeaker, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Thank you so much for appreciating what the property is. The road will never change although I just spent $3000 to rebuild it which will not take the steep away. i say on my web site that I am on the side of a mountain and I had always hoped that would be clear that I am not on your ordinary location. I like it and try very hard to make the information clear. Thank you so much for your good thoughts, hope to have you back.
cleveland,ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

We stayed in cabin #4. Our cabin featured garage sale furniture, bare light bulbs, creaking floors and moldy walls. Don't turn around in the pre-fab shower or you will accidentally knock off the knob or shut off the water. (We're still trying to figure out what the torn pieces of cork were doing stapled to the wall.) Beware of hidden charges not revealed at the time of reservation. The owner is rude and unaccommodating. You can do much better for the money. Website photos were deceiving.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Once again I will apologize for my very bad attitude. It will never happen again. I think I just needed a wake up call because I was slipping into a very bad place. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with damage. The bare light bulbs would fall into that category. They are fixed and will be faster in the future. Wood floors develop creeks and I hope I can fix the problem. I have addressed to showers and the only other thing about the showers is to change the entire bathroom which will come. The cork on the walls in cottage #4 has been there when I bought the place. I thought it was kinda cute and have never made it a priority to fix. I kinda goes along with the snow shoes nailed to the ceiling, which I love. i will bench that issue till much later.
N/A
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

FloAnn approached our group about having our fire too big, but instead of simply asking us to reduce the size of the fire, she was very rude to us and asked where the button was to turn down the fire when we offered to reduce its size. Additionally, the cottage is not as advertised with three bedrooms, but rather one bedroom and a loft. Although it is advertised as sleeping 8, we were not able to accommodate that many people without the aid of an air mattress. FloAnn was very unprofessional and spoke to 8 adults as if we were her children who had disobeyed their mother. I would not recommend these accommodations and manager to anyone. We did not have a good experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
I totally agree with you about calling the upstairs a loft. It truly never even occurred to me. Thank you because that is truly what it is. I am changing the wording on my site. The cottage has a queen sofa bed, queen bed in the bedroom down stains, two double beds in the loft upstairs. I count that sleep 8. If guest don't want to sleep together, that is their decision, the cottage will still sleep 8 in beds with a spare mattress upstairs, and I think plenty of floor space for spare guests, which I do not charge for. I remember the large fire issue. I accept that I did not handle that very well. i watched the fire get larger and larger and then decided to correct the problem and I didn't do it very well. You are right, that is exactly how I handled the problem It was a scary problem about the fire and I guess I just didn't think it through how to handle it. I will do better in the future.I apologize, you are right, I did a very bad job of that issue.
Bossier City, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

I stayed at FloAnn's for 5 nights with my parents and my 2 teenage daughters. The cabins had everything you could need....dishes, pots and pans, glasses, etc. - microwave and tv with satellite...as far as that goes, it was a wonderful place! We stayed in cabin #2, which was advertised as a 3-bedroom, however the 2nd floor was more like a loft with 2 sides each containing a double bed and there was no door between them...but that was fine.
We built a fire outside one night and cooked out on the grill which was nice.
The location is lovely and private. However, you do have to drive up a treacherous, steep driveway full of deep pot-holes to get to the cabins..this was a pain every day. I do not know how anyone would make that drive in the winter!!
Also, since it is a cabin and rather rustic, the floors squeaked everytime you walked on them...this was ok when we were awake, but once we all went to bed, if anyone got up to use the bathroom, it woke everyone up!
Overall, a wonderful experience in nature (with the exception of that god-awful driveway!) FloAnn was cordial, but got a bit ticked when she came to ask if I had switched the tv remote control with my sister in Cabin #3...I had, since she wasn't using her television and our remote wouldn't work. FloAnn said she knew our remote was a dud (!!!) and needed to order a new one....but apprently the people who checked into my sister's cabin were complaining about their remote...well, FloAnn....it was either them or us! I guess she will be ordering a new remote control.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for your good reviews although I feel badly about your troubles. I have fixed the road although it still as steep, it just smooth and I love it. My grandson and I are going to redo the floor this spring. and to let you know where I am, I like the wood floors the way they are because I move so fast, I never hear them squeak. According to the information, they do squeak. I am working on that. About the remote. I handled that very badly although I was not aware of it at the time. I was trying be casual and I wasn't. I need to make myself more acceptable so my guest will not have to figure a problem out for them selves and ask me so and i can solve it much easier.
Boulder
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2007

FloAnn's cottages are three nice cabins close to Estes Park. We stayed here for 2 nights and loved it. Very private. Our cabin didn't offer luxury (hot tub, fire place or other amenities), but was in midst of a large forested area and that was more important to us.

• Liked — cozy, private cabins
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Thank you so much for this totally simple very nice review. i need to take this opportunity to explain how to read a web site. Just read what you see not what you see into it. This lovely review suggest I don't have hot tubs. On my site there is no mention of hot tubs. You really have to read and then call and ask questions about all the stuff you are-interested in and then go with your gut.

Been to FloAnn's Cottages? Share your experiences!