“Great Quite Time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Drake
Loveland
“Great Quite Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Enjoyed the river and fall weather. Enclosed play area keeps little ones safe while you enjoy watching the Big Thompson flow by. Enjoyed our "Cowboy" room, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I have been going to 2 Eagles Resort for wow I guess 6 to 7 years. I have gone with gal pals, romantic interest, mother and sisters, and also by myself. I love the fact that I can bring my dogs. Rhonda is a huge animal lover, but there are certain cabins that she does not allow animals in. It is a great place to open the windows at night and here the sounds of the river right outside your room. There is a nightly fire to sit by and reflect on the day. your life, whatever you feel like reflecting on. There is great hiking directly behind the cabins. The hottub at night is soooo relaxing. This is truly a place to go if you want to unwind from the daily stress of life. It is smack dab between Estes Park and Loveland, so if a restaurant, site seeing, or shopping is on your list of things to do you are close to both towns. Rhonda is great at giving suggestions on things to do, should you so desire. You can be as active with those also staying there as you want, or as secluded as you want. I WILL NOT stay anywhere that is not clean. The cabins I have been in (and I have stayed in most of them at one time or another) have ALWAYS been clean. I recommend this as a quiet, restful, and friendly vacation spot.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Loveland, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

We checked in hoping for nice accomodations. The rental house was filthy and smelled terrible. Neither my wife, my daughter or myself felt comfortable staying there. On top of that, even our dog was whimpering about the place! We immediately left and found much better accomodations elsewhere. On top of that, the owner did not refund either of the 2 nights we were to stay. I would not recommend 2 Eagles.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2eaglesresort, Owner at 2 Eagles Resort, responded to this review, March 30, 2010
This family arrived at the resort and wanted their money refunded because they wanted to be closer to town. They went into the house for 5 seconds and then said it was not what they wanted. I asked them if they wanted to see another unit and they stated that they wanted their money returned. Guests stayed in that unit all summer and loved it. How can one family find it so horrible....to the point their dog shuttered...? If they had read the infomation on the website they would have known we are not right in Estes Park and wouldn't have had to come up with another reason to get a refund. They also didn't need to be slanderous about a very clean and comfortable vacation home. I did refund their money contrary to what they stated.
Hillsdale, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

One of THE nicest places I've ever stayed. If you want a clean, comfortable homey place 2 Eagles is for you. My room was immaculate & so nicely decorated in pretty blue-and-yellow with cute antique accessories and a very comfortable bed. Complete with a kitchenette, grill, and picnic table. Beautiful location in Big Thompson Canyon with the river right out front, places to sit by the river & watch the water. In the evening owner & guests get together at the outdoor fireplace for talk or singing. I've never stayed at a nicer, friendlier place and will definitely stay at 2 Eagles again the next time I'm in the area.

• Liked — Cozy, homelike, friendly, clean!
  • Disliked — No complaints at all
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
omaha, nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

My family stayed at the resort for 4 days in August and had a wonderful time. Our cabins were cleaner than most hotels--despite being in the middle of the wilderness. I had a conferance in Denver one day and it was an easy drive from there.
Rhonda, the owner, was both helpful and personable. She works very hard to make everyone's stay enjoyable. She gave us good tips on places to go and even taught my husband the tricks of fishing in the river. (even despite the fact that her father had died the day before our arrival and she had many other things to take care of)
My children (ages 4 and almost 3) had a great time with the playground that stays shaded all day.
This resort is not for everyone, it is for people that enjoy being next to nature but are not willing to give up ALL the luxuries of life. If you need a tv, phone or computer than this isn't the place for you. If you enjoy relaxing reading a book, hiking, or fishing--than this is a great place to stay!

• Liked — location, playground
  • Disliked — parking is crowded but adequate for the average sized vehicle
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Omaha Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

The Good.......
*Location-In the Big Thompsen Canyon. A 15 minute drive from Estes Park and 20 minutes from RMNP.
*No T.V., phone, or cell service. This may be a problem for others but as a mother of teenagers it was fantastic.
*The scenery is beautiful and all but two of the "cabins" are connected and about 25 feet from the river. It is in front of the property, near the highway.
*The kitchen in the moose room was updated with new appliances.
*It was VERY QUIET and peaceful.
The Bad....
*Many of the advertised features, sing-a-long by the campfires, jacuzzi use, movie checkouts, were not available as the owner left to go into town each day and was no one was available to help with these items. If she needed to go to town, she should have hired someone to "watch over" things when she was away.
*Dated rooms. The flooring in the bathroom was warped. The carpeting was old and dirty and could stand to be replaced.
Be Aware...
*The web-site says limited TV channels. There is a television with no reception.
*No cell phone reception or phone for public use for about 10 miles unless there is an emergency.
*The caboose and the stone house are free standing cabins. All other cabins are connected in an L shape.
*No air-conditioning. Not a problem most of the time, but there was one day we could really have used some a/c.
*We got a good rate during peak season so it was ok but I'm not sure I would stay there again. I would either stay at a nicer cabin nearer Estes or a motel with fridge and microwave. Something newer and cleaner.

• Liked — peaceful time with family
  • Disliked — dated accomodations
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Greeley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2007

Watch your receipt if staying here. If you get moved into a smaller cabin to accommodate someone else, you still get charged for the bigger cabin The owner seemed very grouchy the nights we were there. We were afraid to ask for anything. Thank goodness her son is such a sweetheart!!! He was very helpful. There were no campfires, no singing, nothing like the web site advertises and others talk about. Didn't seem friendly at all so we stayed in our room.

• Liked — Near the river.
  • Disliked — Unfriendly owner.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to 2 Eagles Resort? Share your experiences!