“Our family really enjoyed our stay at 2 Eagles Resort.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stoney River Lodge

You added Stoney River Lodge to your Saves list
Stoney River Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Idlewild Lane, Drake, CO 80537 (Formerly 2 Eagles Resort)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Drake
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Our family really enjoyed our stay at 2 Eagles Resort.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We would like to thank the good folks at 2 Eagles Resort for their hospitality.
While preparing for and then enjoying our daughter's wedding in Loveland our family's "home base" was 2 Eagles for over a week. We even had a large group in for a picnic lunch with time to enjoy the beautiful setting of 2 Eagles. The resort is on a lovely piece of property, the owners are very accommodating and friendly, the cabin we chose was clean and had everything we could possibly need. I especially appreciate the lovely fireplace out by the river and the comfy bed. We were very pleased with our choice. THANK YOU LINDA AND COLLIN

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you Becky. I'm glad that you found 2 Eagles to your liking. You sure were one busy mom while you were here (Dad was a wee bit busy himself)...well its over now and you can look forward to grandkids down the road...hopefully.
We're glad you made it home safely and assume everyone else did too. All the best!
Colin Linda and Cole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Aurora, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I decided to take a last minute trip to Estes Park for the weekend. I searched and searched for a place to stay and the only vacant room I could find was 2 Eagles Resort, 13 miles outside of Estes. We arrived around 4 o'clock and went to the office where you normally check in and there was no one to be found. Finally Linda came out from a seperate room and checked us in. She gave us our key and that was it, didn't care to give us any written instructions. Our room was fine, nothing special. The website suggests that there is free wifi and we thought the code would be listed in the room. Nope, nothing. We had to go find Linda again and get the code from her. This was not convenient for us. We checked out the next morning around 9:30. Once again we could not find Linda in the office. She was across the way in another room she waved for us to walk over to her which we thought was a little rude. We said we were checking out and we wanted to know where we should leave our key. She then asks us, "Did you break anything?" My friend and I were taken back by that question. Then she asked us if we cleaned up our dishes and took out our trash. This is incredibly rude that you ask your guests to take out their own garbage. I paid money for this room and you are making me clean it? As we were taking out our garbage Linda came over and asked us where we were from. My friend said Broomfield and I said Aurora. Linda then went on about how she would not want to live in Aurora, that it is a scary place. I realize Aurora has a stereotype but it has been my home for 18 years now and she offended me by saying this. In conclusion we will never return to 2 Eagles Resort due to the service Linda provided. She offended both of us by asking us to clean our own room. Offcourse we didn't break anything and we are not ones to trash the place. Linda, I suggest to you that if you want YOUR GUESTS to clean up the room THEY PAID FOR you leave written instructions in the room. I also suggest you watch what you say because you did offend me about my city. We will not be returing to 2 Eagles Resort nor will we recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Here's a tip...Save your money and go somewhere better!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I remember you and your friend and I am truly sorry that I offended you. I can't apologize for being busy, it is just my husband and me running this place and sometimes we have to clean a lot of units in a short time. As for doing your dishes and taking out the trash...that's a policy on our website. It's also in the welcome package (which I see your room was missing). The comment about Aurora was very specific. I had stayed one night in a strange town near the airport and ended up in what must have been the bad side of town while looking for fast food. I know nothing else about the city and certainly meant no offense. I'm from Cleveland Ohio so I get why the comment upset you...and I am sorry. I wish your stay had been more enjoyable.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We absolutely LOVED our stay at 2 Eagle’s Resort. We were there for 9 days while my daughter played in a big softball tournament in July. There were 3 other families that joined us from our team and the kids and the adults had a blast. We had everything we needed inside our room to for our long stay (full kitchen, TV, beds, etc) and being able to go outside to relax, eat, play horse shoes, volleyball (or crutch ball in our case since one kid was injured) was priceless. I can’t imagine staying at a hotel in town when such an amazing family oasis is right up the mountain. Estes is close and the getting into Loveland and Fort Collins was fine. We made some really awesome memories at 2 eagles and hope to come back next year. ALSO….LOVED the owners Linda and Collin. They are good people and straight shooters. The whole package was the best. Thanks Linda and Collin for sharing your beautiful property with us!

Room Tip: We had the bear room which was great. The Ram room is huge for a big family and the Wolf cabin is ad...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Oh we just had to respond to this one. We so enjoyed having this bunch. Talk about "low maintenance" these guys were inviting us to their cookouts and they cleaned up outside the units every morning. Yes guests like these make this venture an adventure. Hope to see you all again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband & I are visiting my sister in Colorado Springs & booked for a week stay in 2 eagles resort. We were treated to the most wonderful stay . The new owner Linda & Collin made our stay there memorable. They are very attentive to our needs. They always stop to say hello & asked if there is something we need. The place is peaceful, pet friendly and have a homely atmosphere. We are from Queensland ,Australia & we would definitely recommend this place to our friends & family back home.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hi Linda and Fred and Susan and Curtis. Thank you for the kind review. We certainly enjoyed having you guys stay with us. Fred...the fox was looking for you...I think he is sad that you are gone. Sure hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your holiday here in the states...and Colin says to tell you...GO BLUES!....
North Platte, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family has a blast every time we go to the mountains. This time we chose 2 Eagles, and by far was a great choice. The big apartment was spacious enough, I love that the kitchen had everything I needed. My children had a great time playing with the other kids, they still are asking me when we are heading back! . The owners we really helpful. I love the little moments during the afternoon when everybody came around the fire to burn smore's .

Room Tip: No Pool/ No fitness center.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
ROSA, thank you. We certainly enjoyed it too. Cole misses Niko so much. Please tell him that Cole thinks he's the greatest. I'm glad you got to feeling better and got to enjoy some time here. We wish you all the best.
Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had a wonderful and unforgettable stay. We were in the Birdroom and could hear the river flowing during the night. Collin (owner) had a wealth of knowledge of local history and we enjoyed cheerful Linda and watching their son make friends with the "campers" children. I'll recommend this to all my friends and we will absolutely be back one day. Beautiful.

croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I'm sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write such a positive review. We sure are glad your family enjoyed their stay and we hope to see you all again. Even that ole doggy of yours who kept ignoring me. He's great.
Take care and thanks again.
Creston, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This resort was very nice for the price and value. It is only about 15 minutes from Estes and the drive is a scenic road winding along the river. My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and had a great time.
The owners were wonderful hosts, very friendly and helpful. We wanted to go horseback riding while in Colorado and Linda was more than happy to call and schedule our ride for us. Anything we needed or wanted they were ready to help us find whatever it was.
The rooms are also very nice. It is right on the highway, but that is unavoidable if you want something close to Estes. There are several trails right behind the resort which are easily accessible with some nice length to them. We will definitely come here again when we visit Estes in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for the kind sentiments Josh and Hannah. We really enjoyed having you. We hope to see you both on your fifth anniversary....with maybe a little one (or 2) tagging along. Best wishes.
Colin Linda and Cole....

Been to Stoney River Lodge? Share your experiences!