“Not a resort by far!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of 2 Eagles Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Drake
2 Eagles Resort
1372 Big Thompson Canyon Rd, Drake, CO 80537   |
Special Offer
Call for best rates!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Drake
Denver, Colorado
“Not a resort by far!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My mom, 2 kiddos, and I wanted to take a nice relaxing trip with our 2 dogs. They do allow dogs here, but never mention that you cannot leave them in the room. We tried going into Estes for a day of fun, and never got a call until we travelled 40 minutes into Estes that we must come get our dogs. Then she mentions they have a doggy daycare in Estes for $15 a day/dog. Why was this not posted in our room? So, the problem is that you have NO CELL SERVICE here, and she cannot call you until you reach town. This place is in the canyon, and quite removed from Estes. Not a quick trip into town as they mention. It's pretty mountainous and you must wind and travel slow.

The rooms are incredibly dirty and old. The room we stayed in didn't even have adequate bedding for the futon. There is no tv, only videos they offer in their office. Customer service is awful, and you feel they're always watching you as they live right on the property in close quarters. This woman talks about other customers as if she is pissed at everyone, and it's not right to disclose previous customer's issues, etc. They always come talk and butter up to you as you leave, but otherwise, not at all.

Also, they say riverside. You cannot get to the river and enjoy it.

There are so many other nicer places closer to town. Don't save money on staying here. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
croc1113, Owner at 2 Eagles Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I remember this family well and the room wasn't dirty when they got here but it was within about 10 minutes of their arrival. Two adults two toddlers and two dogs in a 2 person room.

About the dogs...As the website states, "well behaved dogs may be left unattended".
Her dog was on the kitchen table barking non stop out the window. Some of the guests complained and when I asked where the ladies were they told me they had just left.
I went in to see why the dog wasn't in its crate (maybe he had escaped) but NO. Both dogs were left out and the one had gotten on the table where their unfinished eggs had been left.
Yes I called and had them come back and get their dogs. Why should the other guests have to listen to that all day? They shouldn't and they don't.
A flyer on the Doggy Day Care was in the Welcome Packet.

The distance to ESTES PARK... If it took them 40 minutes to get to Estes Park they must have crashed. We are 13 miles from Estes Park (as the website states)...it takes me 20 minutes to take my son to school there each morning.

As for the river it runs through our property and we have cleared the entire bank...many people sit along the lawn and enjoy it...teens tend to play in it...and a lot of guests fish in it.
(No its not safe for toddlers)

And as for living on site..duh...every property has a site manager 24/7 ...

The only accurate statement in this review is that we are not a resort...but then you can see that by our prices...the name came with it when we bought it and we do plan to change it in 2014.

We can't please everyone.. my feeling about leaving dogs is this...Don't bring them if you don't plan to take them everywhere with you..hire a sitter or drop 'em at the day care for a lousy $15.00 so they can enjoy their day too....and not be left alone in some strange place.

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Evans, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Little Moose Room #8 for two nights in August 2012. It was great to be able to take our Miniature Schnauzer, Bozlee, with us. Nice and relaxing, did some hiking and just sitting by the river. Hope to be able to stay there again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family of 4 stayed plus our dog stayed here in Aug. 2012. I am so happy to have found this wonderful place. It is clean, quiet, friendly, and perfectly located. We rafted in Ft. Collins, shopped and rode horses in Estes, went to a lovely park in Loveland, and spent every evening playing badmitton, bocce (which we brought) having s'mores down by the river, and visiting with our neighbors and hostess. Our dog made friends with the other dogs and ran around playing as well. The kids were free to get board games and movies from the office whenever they wanted. It felt like a small community there. We stayed in the caboose. The view of the canyon wall as we got up each morning was gorgeous. Can't wait to go back.

The Tracy's

Room Tip: The Caboose is quite roomy. Lots of sleep options and lots of closet space.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
croc1113, Owner at 2 Eagles Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I appreciate this review. I remember this family fondly...the quiet teen and the outgoing younger sister. I remember the doggy too...short lil legs had no problem keeping up with my doberman. We had great fun with these guys...lots of s'mores and lots more movies...when they were here...they really kept on the go...we enjoyed having them and look forward to seeing them again.
Colin Linda and Cole
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My brother, sister, and I stayed in the Bear Room at 2 Eagles. It is a 23 minute drive into Estes Park--a drive we made often. We actually saw some bighorn sheep right along the road near the entrance to 2 Eagles during one of our drives into town. The beat motif in the room is really cute--there are stuffed bears everywhere. The resort is very community oriented. There were s'mores nights which we didn't participate in but it was a nice idea. There is also a jungle gym and a badminton net set up. The river runs right by the resort which is wonderful. There are 2 hiking trails right behind the rooms--just ask the owners for information on the trails.

One of the beds was pretty comfortable, although the other was a bit harder. Since it is a cabin type of atmosphere, you will find some kitchen amenities, but you will need to bring or buy others. For example, there was no hand soap, paper towels, or kleenex. However, there was a coffee pot (no free coffee though), pans, a few pots, plates, and utensils. One more thing to note--the price we were charged was higher than the prices listed on the website.

We enjoyed our stay here. However, if you want to be very close to the national park, stay in Estes Park.

Room Tip: The bear room sleeps 2-4. There are two full beds.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Newark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and loved it. The reviews about Rhonda are outdated, as the hotel has taken on new management. The new owners are wonderful! They are friendly and accomodating--I have never experienced better management! The resort itself is good for the price, and for the outdoor types (who else visits Colorado?) there are hiking trails that start right in the resorts backyard. Overall, this resort deserves an A++ in my book.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the 2 eagles resort,loveland in our rocky mountain trip last month.
We stayed in the little moose room for a couple of days and we enjoyed it .Rhonda was very sweet ,with great hospitality! She offered us some suggestions to go around the park and to find restaurants.She helped us out by lending a small room heater to keep us warm during the night. Overall it was a very pleasureful stay.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

My fiance,myself and our 2 yr old came up for a week. (this was our 2nd time at 2 eagles) We had decided to spend our honeymoon at 2 eagles. We love all of the amenities, especially the hot tub and fire pit. Our cabin was gorgeous (#5)! Rhonda is a wonderful hostess along with the serenade of the 3 little guys who were great for our son to hang out with at the playground. The atmosphere is so peaceful and it is like a whole other world. Our cabin was very comfortable and clean. We loved having the gas fireplace in our living room along with the hot water heat in the bedroom and bathroom. It was nice to look out the kitchen or bedroom window in the morning and see the horses on the hill. It would be very easy to live in the cabin. Rhonda is great and we consider 2 eagles our home when we are in Estes Park to play. Rhonda makes us feel welcome and it seems as if she has been a wonderful friend for years after just meeting her. Thank you Rhonda for making our week special!!! You know we will be back! Bo, Pam and Taylor

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to 2 Eagles Resort? Share your experiences!