“One of a kind stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 2 Eagles Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Drake
2 Eagles Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Drake
Los Angeles, California
“One of a kind stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the 2 eagles resort,loveland in our rocky mountain trip last month.
We stayed in the little moose room for a couple of days and we enjoyed it .Rhonda was very sweet ,with great hospitality! She offered us some suggestions to go around the park and to find restaurants.She helped us out by lending a small room heater to keep us warm during the night. Overall it was a very pleasureful stay.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

My fiance,myself and our 2 yr old came up for a week. (this was our 2nd time at 2 eagles) We had decided to spend our honeymoon at 2 eagles. We love all of the amenities, especially the hot tub and fire pit. Our cabin was gorgeous (#5)! Rhonda is a wonderful hostess along with the serenade of the 3 little guys who were great for our son to hang out with at the playground. The atmosphere is so peaceful and it is like a whole other world. Our cabin was very comfortable and clean. We loved having the gas fireplace in our living room along with the hot water heat in the bedroom and bathroom. It was nice to look out the kitchen or bedroom window in the morning and see the horses on the hill. It would be very easy to live in the cabin. Rhonda is great and we consider 2 eagles our home when we are in Estes Park to play. Rhonda makes us feel welcome and it seems as if she has been a wonderful friend for years after just meeting her. Thank you Rhonda for making our week special!!! You know we will be back! Bo, Pam and Taylor

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I'm a student of hospitality history and have always wanted to stay in an early 20th century cabin, so when spouse-guy found this on a pet-friendly site and called the owner and got hooked I went along with him. She had told him it was "high in the mountains" although we knew it wasn't and that it was "quiet" although we knew it was right along the highway. From my own line of work I know market speak when I hear it.

First of all the 9 am to 8 pm hours of operation are ludicrous. No serious lodger works these hours and considers themselves a host. On arrival, we were ushered into a tiny, filthy, disorganized office. I tripped over children's toys, a safety issue. Sorry to the kid who lost the blue car under my foot. The light gray carpet was dark gray in the traffic area and the stench of cooking grease made me sick.

The lodging manager delivered an oft-spoken line about sorry about the state of the office but at least the rooms are clean, then went on to say that we were lucky that the former guest of our room had mailed back the room key that day. Any lodger worth salt has three keys so if she doesn't she's a menace to herself. She then went on to gossip abut the former guests' alcohol consumption. No true host ever discloses information about former guests. It's her job to make me feel safe, secure and welcome from the moment I arrive until long after I've gone.

I thought about leaving but we were exhausted from a family calamity and I wasn't thinking clearly nor was I up for an argument.

But we should have left. She went on to say that maintenance had changed the kitchenette faucet that day and if there were problems there was a shutoff under the sink. The manager's responsibility is to do this, not the guest. She then went on to tell us to park temporarily in one place while we unpacked and then to move the care elsewhere, as parking is limited. What a hassle.

When we did park in the other, coveted spot, soon (soon captured by another guest) we found ultra-dry tree trimmings right up to the bumper just right to catch on fire from the heat of our engine.

Once inside the room, I realized this lodge was built during WWII, which means materials were scarce and it's mainly plywood. The linoleum on the floor looks original and is poorly laid. Nobody in any other review mentions that there is no heat. There used to be gas heat, but it was removed and now you're expected to use two space heaters although how you safely use one in the bathroom, I didn't choose to discover.. The gas hookup still remains and you jam your kitchen chair into it. They are too cheap to cut it out. 20 minutes work is all it would take. See the picture of one of the space heaters supplied.

Security is an issue. As a photographer, I carry thousands of dollars of equipment but any family should be concerned. We slept with the lights on.

You drive off the highway down a lane past private residences and the cabins back up to private residences. The window locks bolt into nothing and this unit's screen in the back was repaired with duct tape. Of course we took our equipment with us during the day during our 2-night pre-paid stay (as required) but we also took our food as this is bear country.

The wooden entry door, which I don't think is original, has a cheap dead bolt only, but the door knob did look original. The bathroom sink fixtures turn the wrong way, which is a safety issue because it can lead to scalding. We didn't try the shower.

Although the lodging manger describes the units as roomy, they are not. We ended up in the kitchenette because of pets only. We looked in the other rooms which were tiny. The bed in our room was right up next to the wall and there wasn't even room for a trash can.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Urbana, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

We absolutely loved our stay at 2 Eagles, although it might not be for everyone. We went on the vacation with a large group of family and rented both the Stone House and the Wolf Cabin. Both of these units are free standing so I cannot speak about any of the other rooms.

The resort is halfway in between Estes Park and Loveland - which we loved. We were in the middle of the canyon and right on the Big Thompson River. Close enough to either town without being out of the way, but far enough where it was peaceful and scenic.
The cabins were dated, but kept very clean and neat. We felt very at home there, although it your looking for 5 star accommodations this will not be your thing.

Our cabins had tv's (although no cable) and we rented some movies from the front office. You should also know that their was no cell service on either major carrier (for some this may be a problem we loved it) Each had nice appliances although we cooked out on the charcoal grills each night. We also used the large fireplace and made smores each night while sitting right by the river - GREAT!!!!!

The owner was very welcoming and friendly. Even explaining the best way to catch trout out of the river and loaning me a fishing pole (she was right I caught 4). The staff was also friendly.

Overall, if you are looking for quite and relaxing with a homey feel you will love the value you get. On the other hand if you are looking for upscale accommadations in town you might want to look elsewhere. However, me and my family will be back!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed in this resort for 2 nights in May and we really enjoyed it. There are no fancy equipments in cabins, yet you can find everything you need to cook, BBQ, entertain and relax.
It is located near Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, which makes it ideal for spending several days in the area. My kids loved it and our friends, who came from Washington State also enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

wanted to put a good word in for 2 eagles resort in Loveland Co. My wife and i have been there 3 time in the past 7 years , and have always enjoyed our stay . the sceneary ,and Hospitality are top notch . the resort is very clean and with plenty of things to do during your stay .
i highly recommend this resort for your next stay in the loveland area , and bring your fishing pole because there are plenty of trout right in front of 2 eagles in the Big Thompson River .
two thumbs up for Rhonda and her staff !

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

We had a great time staying at 2 Eagles Resort. We brought our small dog and stayed in the Cowboy room, big enough for two people and containing a kitchenette, perfect for our trip. We used 2 Eagles as our base camp, as we spent most of our time in Rocky Mountain National Park. We choose 2 Eagles because it was affordable, pet-friendly and located just 20 minutes away from Estes Park. It was quiet at night and had many ammenities that we just didn't have time to partake it such as a hot tub, children's play area and access to the Big Thompson River. There was a campfire at least two nights (although we were so tired from our hiking during the day that we just crashed at night. Many other patrons also brought their dogs. I would highly recommend 2 Eagles Resort as a great "base camp" for activities in and around Estes Park.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to 2 Eagles Resort? Share your experiences!