“Nice hotel for the price.” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Dillon/Breckenridge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   808 Little Beaver Trail, PO Box 1749, Dillon, CO 80435   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

We arrived at the Super 8 during an early snow storm in Sept 2009. It was price was reasonable and the check in staff was pleasant. There was a frig in the room, which was nice. We didn't need anything fancy and will stay here next time we are in town. Not far from the hotel was an outlet mall and a great place to eat - Dillon Dam Brewery.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Our room was clean and in a quiet part of the building. The only gripe was the terrible view of the retaining wall behind the motel. We weren't there for the view though. We just needed a decent place to rest. Motel is close to restaurants and there is a gas station right across the street. Nice breakfast with warm bagels. We would stay here again if given the chance.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
boca raton, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

I recently stayed at this motel and have no complaints. It was the cheapest lodging I could find within a reasonable driving radius of Copper Mountain Resort with decent web reviews. I wasn't expecting a luxurious 4 or 5 star hotel going into it. The room was overall clean, front desk staff attendant when I checked in was friendy, and the morning contintental breakfast exceeded my expectations (multiple food selections). Also there is free high speed internet. I also liked that I could smell the cleanliness of the linen sheets. You can visually tell the place is a bit dated on the inside but you also get the feel that management is doing a good job of the general upkeep and maintenance. I'd return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

I stayed there for 9 nights for an extended skiing trip. All I was after was an inexpensive place to crash. It fits the bill perfectly. Their rate was about half of other places in the area, the room was adequate and clean. There was even a mini-fridge and microwave in the room, which saved me even more cash.

No, there is not a hot tub. Big Deal. I think the tubs at most hotels are disgusting anyway. And there is a place just up the road where you can go hot-tubbing if you like. The super 8 is convenient to the interstate, but not noisy, close to some decent restaurants, and right across the street from the Keystone/A-Basin bus, which came in real handy when my car broke down and I was still able to go skiing. And they have wireless throughout.

So, if you are looking for a resort for your ski trip, stay away and pay the big bucks. If you're like me and just need a warm bed so you can hit the slopes hard again the next day, the Super 8 provides a great value.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Mideast U.S.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

Hotels was as expected for a bargain stop. Staff was very friendly and the starchy continental breakfast was kept stocked throughout the morning. Parking is limited and all the spaces would usually be taken by the time i returned from a late dinner. Room was mostly clean, bed was comfortable, fridge and microwave was a nice addition. If you are traveling by yourself or with one person, its not bad. If you have 2 or more people, check out the Comfort Suites up the road. A little more money but much nicer (great hot tubs, pool, breakfest, rooms, etc.). The friends I traveled with were staying there so I saw both properties. I paid $140/night holiday rates for the Super8 and the Comfort Suites was $200. $140 was a lot for the Super8, but it was the cheapest I found during the holidays.

• Liked — Location.
  • Disliked — No hot tub. Old.
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Madison, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

I booked this hotel for under $60 per day including tax and for the price it was OK.

Pros: Good continental breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, low price, great location for skiers.

Cons: Not the cleanest room, noisy (I believe, there was a dog in the room above, I could hear it running every night), no hot tub/swimming pool, no view (there was a brick wall 4 feet from my window, that's all I could see).

• Liked — price, location
  • Disliked — somewhat dirty, noisy
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Idaho Falls, ID
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

We were LIED to!! I booked the reservation online a couple weeks in advance, requesting a GROUND FLOOR room and with no cleaning/chemical smells. (asthma) We were told “first come, first serve” on the ground floor – but we WERE first come, first serve, when they had our credit card # and that, by their policy, they were going to charge us for the night– regardless of whether we showed up or not!

Were running late to get there, so called in afternoon & was GUARANTEED we had a GROUND FLOOR non-smelly room waiting for us. Called again late that evening & was once again GUARANTEED they had our room & would not “give it away”.

Arrived 2 hours later, close to midnight – and guess what? All rooms were taken, EXCEPT for one room ~ 3rd floor!! We did NOT want to climb stairs (no elevators!) and haul our dog upstairs at midnight!! Plus, we were told by the very indifferent man behind the counter – “can’t do a thing about the smells… you have to take what you get”. UM…. Not what we were told… not what we were GUARANTEED!! Not only did they give our room away, but in fact, we were LIED to!! Had we have known this is how they’d operate, we would have stayed in a town 2 hours away & not pushed ourselves to make it on in.

In fact, the ONLY reason we stayed there was because ALL of Summit County motels were booked solid for the night – so it was either stay at Super 8 or sleep in the car.

We were mad, mad, MAD!!!! Never ever have been treated like this at ANY motel & it was a sad, sorry way to start our vacation. All our friends will hear about this experience & we will never again patronize their co. when this is how they treat their customers!!

Stayed August 2008

Been to Super 8 Dillon/Breckenridge? Share your experiences!