“Comfortable beds, but no elevator and tedious climate control” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Dillon/Breckenridge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   808 Little Beaver Trail, PO Box 1749, Dillon, CO 80435   |
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Dillon
Kent, Washington
“Comfortable beds, but no elevator and tedious climate control”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at Super 8 Dillon for one night during a multi-day snowboard trip around Colorado. My primary observations, relative to other hotels in its class, was that the beds were more comfortable than some, the rooms were clean, the beds weren't quite as hard as some we saw that week (although they were still quite firm). As usual, we booked our reservation using my mobile phone on Expedia, at lunch. The hotel had our reservation only hours after we booked.

Key observations:

1. This resort is a fairly short 30 minute drive from Breckenridge. It is reasonably priced and makes a good place to stay if you're staying on a budget.

2. There is no elevator. We had some heavy bags and I had to carry them all up and down the stairs. It wouldn't affect my decision to stay here, but it can be a mild annoyance at the end of a long day.

3. The climate control is really finicky. The even when the heater reaches the destination temperature, it keeps blowing. It was so noisy that I finally turned it off at about 3 AM. Definitely worth consideration if the temperatures are cold.

Dining advice: The hotel is near the Dam Brewery, which has great happy hour beer deals ($2.50 a pint). The food there was also excellent.

Room Tip: Due to the lack of elevators, consider a room on the first floor if you aren't traveling light.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sevierville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here to do some early season skiing. Lobby was small and cramped and smelled like Indian cuisine. No elevator. Room was very basic with low quality furnishings. Old box set tv. No views from windows on rear side. Had to check out early after daughter was injured skiing. Had to pay for my nights and one more. I asked for relief on the night i wasn't even going to be there since we had to go home early for medical emergency, and the manager said it was policy. The price was cheap, so you get what you pay for. Not complaining, I knew that when I reserved. Didn't expect the Ritz at that price. The location is great. Fast easy access to all major ski resorts. Close to stores, restaraunts, and shopping. Probably wont stay here again. No harm no foul, just didn't care much for it.

• Stayed November 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The front desk people were all polite and helpful. Walked into my room and it smelled musty, but looked clean. Stayed for a couple days and every day I asked to have my sheets changed and everyday there were specs of dirt in the bed I had to wipe off when I wanted to get into bed. I didn't sleep well and I'm not sure if it was the uncomfortableness of the bed or the thought I was sleeping in dirt. The shower took about 10 minutes of running before it got warm. The breakfast consisted of frozen waffles, muffins, apple and orange juice, and four empty cereal machines. I understand that it's a cheaper hotel, but are clean sheets too much to ask?

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Super 8 Dillon/Breckenridge? Share your experiences!