“Best place to stay in Dillon” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bristol
“Best place to stay in Dillon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Lots of variety at Dillon but much better to have a lake view than a freeway view down in Silverthorne.Rooms are clean, warm and have all you need. Breakfast is good but does get busy at times. If you want to ski Breckenridge but also Vail and Beaver Creek you had better stay in Dillon. The Ptarmigan is the best place in Dillon.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at this location for 1 night. This night happened to be New Years Eve. Around 7:30pm the people across the hall from us started becoming really loud. They were in the hall way going back and forth between two rooms next to each other leaving the doors open and taking over the hall. It was a group of 20 something friends. They were drinking, cursing and arguing. It went on for some time so I decided to call the front desk. I called at least 4 times and no one answered. I eventually called the 800 reservation line to see if I could get some assistance. I was told someone should be there so I tried again, 10 minutes later someone finally answered. I explained what was going on. The lady said she would have someone go take a look. I monitored how long it took until someone arrived. An hour passed and no one came. A short time later the group making the noise left and all was fine. I am extremely disappointed that the hotel staff made no effort to quite the group. My 8 and 10 year old boys were not able to hear the TV in our room because the people in the hall wear so loud. Even worse they had to hear all the cursing and arguing.

The room itself was clean and comfortable but unfortunately the poor customer service really upset me and because of that I will not recommend this property.

Room Tip: Building 3 does not have a microwave.
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The rooms were very clean (my wife commented on how clean the bathtub was).
The folks at the front desk were great, and so was the service.
The location was very close to many restaurants, outlet stores and close to many ski areas.
The continental breakfast was very good.
We will definately stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel is an easy 10 minute drive to keystone we stay there in winter because it is so much cheaper than places close to mountain. We were pleasantly surprised by this place it has a nice cozy feel, it's nice and quiet and the thing we like best is that it is next door to a really nice pub / restaurant. Breakfast is simple with healthy options and included in the reasonablemprice. The staff are very friendly. This rating is based on comparison to other hotels in price range.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This lodge is situated right on Lake Dillon, and what an amazing view stepping out of our room in the morning! We stayed with two Huskies, and they were very accommodating. Everything else was pretty typical of a Best Western, but I know we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This Best Western was everything we're looking for in a hotel. It was clean, comfortable and convienient. It was right next to Lake Dillon, had a little deck, fridge, and ski locker. We could walk to shops, bars, and restaurants. It was only few minuet drive to Keystone and the outlets of Silverthorne. It also had a nice TV and a good desk and table for hanging out. I'd go back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
06098, Manager at BEST WESTERN Ptarmigan Lodge, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for visiting us. Please come back.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I read through all the reviews and found that the more updated rooms are in building 3 and 4. I had to pay an extra $5 per night for this, but it was fine. (I Pricelined this. You may not have to pay the upgrade fee if you book direct with them.) These buildings don't have a view of the lake like 1 or 2, but I decided I'd rather have the upgrades in the room instead. People complained about thin walls. Yes, you could hear people opening and closing doors, but I don't think the hotel was too busy this weekend so it was rather quiet where we were. Our room was very quiet at night. Again don't know if this was due to the quiet weekend. Also we didn't have to face traffic.

Breakfast was good. Eggs and sausage were the warm items with do it yourself waffles. Also, I liked that they had fruit cups instead of the gross cut up fruit you'll find sometimes at other places. Along with that, they had whole fruit available too.

Rooms were in good condition. Plenty of counter space in the bathrooms and the rooms weren't teeny tiny so as we could move around comfortably. The only thing missing was a microwave inside the rooms. If you wanted a microwave, you'd have to go to building 1. I would suggest they add a microwave in a central location in each building (like where the ice is) so that saves some walking around. WIFI and TV worked fine.

If you are in building 4, expect to walk outside to building 1 for food and another building for the sauna. We didn't go into the sauna, but as we peeked in, it looked pretty decent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Ptarmigan Lodge? Share your experiences!