“Great time!” 4 of 5 stars

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had never been on a snowmobile before and wasn't sure what to expect - I ended up loving it and having a great time! My husband had never been to the mountains and been in snow, so he loved it, as well. One thing to note - you check in for your tour at their office in Dillon - then have another 25-30 mile drive to get out to where you'll actually ride. We didn't know that when we booked, and it wasn't a huge deal; however, when we finished riding and got back to Dillon it had started to snow, so it made our drive back to Boulder a VERY LONG trip.

Our guide was great (I can't remember his name - but we were there Jan 26 and went on the 2:30 ride) - he stopped to let us take pictures (and offered to take pictures of all of the couples on the trip), he told us about the mountains and surrounding areas, as well as pointed out bear marks, etc. on trees. It really made the trip enjoyable! At the end of the trail riding, we were able to let loose in the big field and just ride around as fast as we liked. The next time we're in the aira, I'm sure we'll be visiting High Country Tours again. :)

Visited January 2013

Covington, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We had a great time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

While on a short ski trip I happened to see a flyer for High Country Tours at our hotel. Looking for something exciting, that we could do together, we reserved a 2 hour tour. We checked in within blocks of our hotel and were given great directions to the actual location about 25 miles away. We got to the location 3 minutes late after an extended stop. Our group had already gone and we waited for the next group. Definitely no problem since I was the one that was late. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise, we wound up with Brian as our guide. After visiting with him and the other staff while waiting for the rest of our group, we hit the mountain, but not before a thorough class on the snowmobile and it's safe operation. Everything was safety first, but plenty of "we are here to have fun" and we did. Highly Recommended.

Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Avoid High Country Tours!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went on the 2 hour tour with 6 family members. Check in is in Dillon (easy to reach), but the actual tour is 45 minutes away with good road conditions. We arrived 80 minutes early and barely made the tour time. Rachael in the check in office was very rude to us, but we shook it off easily. When we began the tour, our guide had a trainee with him so he spent excessive time explaining the safety process with him instead of focusing on our trip and experience. He took us to a peak and told us all to cut the enigines off and that this was the best place for a picture. We weren't looking to take a picture but thought why not? After the tour was over he went back to office and told the manager that we wanted to stop the machines inappropriately in areas to take pictures. When we got to the open field area and started to ride around the circle one of the machine had a mechanical issue so we stopped it. He took us back to the starting point and told us that the machine was going to be looked at by the mechanic. The mechanic said that it hit a tree and was going to cost us over $1350 to fix. He said that he was cutting half the labor costs out and that he cut us a break and didn't charge us downtime for 2 weeks for the machine ($500/day). We told them that it couldn't have hit a tree because we were in the field with no trees and he said that he has been doing this for years and changed the story to a big rock. If each machine is truely making $500 profit each day then they could afford to work with us on the repair. They charged our credit card over $2000 and it has really darkened our family Christmas vacation. If you rent from them, be aware that they will try and claim that you broke their equipment that they don't maintain and they will expect you to pay the entire bill. We even offered to split it with them and they said that we signed a waiver to pay all damages to their equipment.

Visited December 2012
Alabama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I booked an action tour with High Country during our ski trip to Keystone late Feb. I chose this place because it had the best website for information and pricing but when I called to make the reservation the lady who answered didn't seem that happy that I was calling. She answered my questions but not very cheerfully and she talked me about of reserving a shuttle since we would have a rental car. Book the shuttle!! It's free and if we had known the actual sight of the tour was 25 miles away I would have reserved one.

The store front is in Dillon which is super close to Keystone but the actual place where you ride is 25-30 miles away. It's an easy drive but it had snowed 5 inches the night before and it took us about an hour to drive that distance after checking in. That's why you have to check in an hour before your scheduled trip - because it takes so long to get to the trails! I had no idea it was that far away or I would have reserved a shuttle and when we called the morning of, they didn't have anyone available to take us. The main road was fairly cleared of snow and ice but the last 3 miles when you turn off the main road was covered in snow. Thankfully my husband got us there in one piece in our rented sedan.

Once we got to the base it was great. They let you borrow just about anything that would keep you warm and wearing their snow boots helped us a lot. We wore our own goggles and ski pants but they have some if you need them. Our guide was great and let us decide how we would spend most of the tour - if we wanted to just play around in a large field or do more trail riding. We enjoyed being back on the trails but we also had plently of free time to do laps in a huge field.

It was our first time with snowmobiles and we had a great time. If we do it again we'll definitely be reserving the free shuttle!

Visited February 2012