“Great Time” 4 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
$87*
and up
Ranked #5 of 18 Attractions in Dillon
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Parks, Outdoor Activities
Alabama
3 attraction reviews
“Great Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I booked an action tour with High Country during our ski trip to Keystone late Feb. I chose this place because it had the best website for information and pricing but when I called to make the reservation the lady who answered didn't seem that happy that I was calling. She answered my questions but not very cheerfully and she talked me about of reserving a shuttle since we would have a rental car. Book the shuttle!! It's free and if we had known the actual sight of the tour was 25 miles away I would have reserved one.

The store front is in Dillon which is super close to Keystone but the actual place where you ride is 25-30 miles away. It's an easy drive but it had snowed 5 inches the night before and it took us about an hour to drive that distance after checking in. That's why you have to check in an hour before your scheduled trip - because it takes so long to get to the trails! I had no idea it was that far away or I would have reserved a shuttle and when we called the morning of, they didn't have anyone available to take us. The main road was fairly cleared of snow and ice but the last 3 miles when you turn off the main road was covered in snow. Thankfully my husband got us there in one piece in our rented sedan.

Once we got to the base it was great. They let you borrow just about anything that would keep you warm and wearing their snow boots helped us a lot. We wore our own goggles and ski pants but they have some if you need them. Our guide was great and let us decide how we would spend most of the tour - if we wanted to just play around in a large field or do more trail riding. We enjoyed being back on the trails but we also had plently of free time to do laps in a huge field.

It was our first time with snowmobiles and we had a great time. If we do it again we'll definitely be reserving the free shuttle!

Visited February 2012