“Great view off our too with a balcony.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Port Clinton, Ohio
“Great view off our too with a balcony.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

We stopped at the Comfort Inn early in the day and were told our room was ready early. We inquired about a room with a balcony and the host put us in one with a small extra charge. Very friendly people.....stores in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Michigan Center, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I want to like this hotel. The rooms are nice and the staff is fine. However, I have allergies and for those with allergies, asthma, or general COPD, you should skip this place. Of my two week vacation 'out west', this location alone had an incredible chlorine / mold odor problem from the pool permeating the entire lobby area. Then I found the odor consumed all the first floor and went up all the open stair wells to the halls in the entire hotel. This is also an entirely non-smoking hotel, yet fragranced / scented cleaners were used for bathroom services, rug shampoo, etc. so escaping to my room presented its own challenges. If you are considering booking this non-smoking hotel to reduce allergens, forget it.

Unfortunately, there is one more thing whether you have allergies or not - the funky TV system. When you turn it on, it brings up its own menu. To get to 'regular TV', you have to figure out that you have to move 'right' to a second page (not visible on the first) and pick 'TV'. This house menu comes up every time you turn the TV on. If you are not paying attention, have kids, or just get frustrated, you may find an accidental purchase of a move, even an adult movie, on your bill. This is not a service to guests as much as it is a money maker for those blundering into it then not reviewing charges on their bill. So all this hotel needs is a reverse-blower system for pool odors, unscented cleaning products products like all non-smoking hotels ought to use, and a non-manipulative TV system. Then, I might consider a revisit.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Nice location. Well taken care of. the outdoor hot tub was not working upon arrival but hotel had it fixed by next day. Good breakfast with helpful attendant. Close to restaurants and outdoor activities.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Cheyenne, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel over Labor Day Weekend. I made the reservations in advance on the choice hotels website of which I am a gold member. I have had an excellent experience with this web site before. I requested the top floor and not near elevator or ice machine. I also requested the quite side of the hotel which are the even numbered rooms. When I arrived I was placed on the 2nd floor and facing the freeway which is quite noisy.

The 2nd night our toilet overflowed and a young girl came to the room and told me she would be right back with a mop. 2 hours later I had to go find her to get the mess mopped up. As I was checking out I mentioned these things to a gentleman who had the title of "manager" on his name tag. He told me they assigned the rooms the night before the weekend and just shrugged it off when I mentioned that I always make this request at other properties and it is granted.

He also shrugged off the "toilet incident" Well he can just shrug off me ever staying there again and I am going to complain to corporate. What good is elite status if they can't grant a simple request?

Room Tip: ask for an even number room away from I-70
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
South of England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

Room was good with lots of space. Hotel was clean and tidy. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Easy access to main roads, and outlets were very close by along with restaurants too. Would happily recommend.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Very spacious rooms - nice to have a pullout couch for our family of five. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Lots of action and noise in the front area - a group of some sort there for meetings. It didn't bother us though as we were on the third floor. We loved the outdoor hot tub. Perfect for looking at the sunset over the mountains. Breakfast was good - two staff members keeping it well supplied. The motel was very full on our visit but I thought they did a great job of accommodating everyone.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Nice size room. The bed was good and the sheets nice and soft. Front desk was very nice. Laundry area nice. Pool was OK. Breakfast was OK but was not kept cleaned up. Good location. Would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Dillon? Share your experiences!