“Wonderful Convention Site” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Denver

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, Denver to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Denver
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1881 Curtis Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 147 hotels in Denver
oklahoma
“Wonderful Convention Site”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The room was large and nicely furnished. The staff was friendly and attentive. The hotel catered our working lunch and banquet. Both meals were very tasty and efficiently served. the hotel is conveniently close to the pedestrian mall with its shops and restaurants. A very nice experience overall.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ritz Carlton is generally renowned for exceptional service. Wow, I am at a loss. I suppose for millionaires today who do not 'look' like the millionaires of the 1990's and 1980's, the service industry will be a cold place. My wife and I are accomplished physicians, investors and athletes, but, we both have tattoos.... I have stayed at the Ritz for over a decade, and I have noticed this trend occurring more and more.

It was quite readily-recognized that Ritz Carlton would treat me much differently depending on whether or not I was wearing a short sleeve polo revealing my tattoos, or when I wore a sport coat covering them. Pretty narrow-minded in today's society!!! It's not as if I am in the lobby in ripped jeans and dirty shirts, even when casual, I am in Burberry polos, dress pants and italian loafers..

Secondly, forget about 'personalized' service. No one knows your name, or your title. The Four Seasons, W, even Intercontinental almost 'eerily' know who you are from the Bellhop to the Club Concierge. Ritz Carlton has started to decline in the more diminutive, but essential touches. As an athlete, no problem opening doors, but you will find Ritz Denver is under-staffed and there will rarely be adequate staff at the door or for Valet services.

Thirdly, good luck getting what you want when asked at Club Level with 'Douglas.'
For example: EVERY time I was asked, "May I get you a drink?" I might reply "Single decaf espresso please." and instead of Douglas kindly fetching said item, he felt compelled to give me some commentary on the low quality of the decaf beans, or suggested I have a cappuccino!!!! I do not want a cappuccino! We counted how many times we were suggested this OVER our initial request, and it was 10 times in a 4 night visit.
Honestly Douglas treated us as if we were lost or something... Being seasoned travelers to Paris, Wolfsburg, Dubai, Morocco, etc. I honestly do not feel I need the unnecessary dialogue or contradiction. I want to give some benefit of the doubt, as I look young for 40, but I certainly do not look 18yrs old.

Lastly, I am a Ritz black card member. Any change to the experience? Not really. You'll get objective-type perks such as a Club upgrade 3 times a year, but as far as any personal touches for this investment.... None.

Room Tip: Club level seems to bring a LOT of spoiled, noisy children. If you request club services, choose a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here last year and this year was even better.

The room was typical ritz. Nice foyer, comfortable bed, separate shower and tub, etc.

Very quiet.

Location is central to everything downtown Denver has to offer.

Elway's is a fantastic restaurant located in the first floor.

The hotel shut down the gift shop, which was a mistake. The hotel doesn't have a lobby, which is a minus. Other than that, top notch place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

A "Typical" Ritz-Carlton: great service, nice, large rooms, really good location downtown. Not cheap, but it is the Ritz in every way.

Spa was very enjoyable and the gym is huge (bring your gear). Pool is a lap pool: great for workouts but not a "sit around and lounge" place.

I attended a meeting here and the meeting rooms were generally good and the food was outstanding.

Elway's, the in-hotel restaurant, has great steaks. Could have used a convenience store or something other than a stack house as well, although there are lots of restaurants very near by including several coffee shops. The concierge was very helpful in suggesting a variety of places.

I walked easily to the State House, the Convention Center, Arts Complex, and Larimer Square although some would prefer a taxi ride I suspect.

Room Tip: Elevators are away from the rooms (not far) which takes away the hassle of being the room beside the...
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Nice rooms, nice smiles. But that's where the fun stopped for me. Room was only vacuumed once in a 5 night stay. Room wasn't even cleaned one day till after I called down at 5pm. Laundry wasn't delivered on time. I was charged for 3 nights of parking when I only had a car 2 nights. Mystery charges on my credit card after checkout. So disappointed. Next time I'm going back to Kimpton!

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night here on June 22. Our room was not ready so they gave us a glass of champaign and we sat in lounge for a short 10 minutes. They came and gave us our keys and we were quickly up in our room, our bags were there right after we had opened our door. Room was the run of the house and it was very beautiful no need to upgrade this room was very spacious and well appointed. Bathroom was nice size and what I want to see in upper end hotels, marble and a shower that has a glass door, the toilet was also in another closed off area in the bathroom! We then went to the spa, it was beautiful and all the staff were so nice and helpful. We ordered lunch, which was really good, talked and then had our treatments. It was all perfect.
Location is great for walking downtown and they also have a courtesy car you can use. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the downtown area. All the staff went above and beyond as far as service goes. Thanks for such a great getaway, even if it was so short.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent customer service, particularly Sarah the Concierge. Also, the staff of the club lounge were outstanding. Lovely linens and bath amenities. Nespresso machine in the room was a very nice surprise. I wouldn't choose a suite again; the bedroom was tiny and oddly proportioned. Be careful around the end of the bed; the wood bed frame, while attractive, sticks out from the mattress and could trip you or bruise your shins. The bed is very high off the ground, not great for someone as short as I with bad knees. Nice spa and fitness facilities. Good food in the club lounge, but not as good as the St. Louis Ritz. Would stay again, mostly due to the great customer service. Easy walking to Larimar Square with it's great restaurants and locally-owned boutiques.

Room Tip: Go for a large bedroom rather than a suite unless you really need two rooms. Try to avoid a room nea...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Denver? Share your experiences!