“Nothing really above average except for the guacamole which was pretty great.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar

La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar
8340 Northfield Blvd, Unit 1690, Denver, CO 80238-3184 (Stapleton)
303-373-9100
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #543 of 2,555 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Contemporary, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Stapleton
Cross street: Between E 47th & E 46th
Description: La Sandia Tequila Cantina serves internationally acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval’s high quality, authentic Mexican cuisine. Featuring familiar favorites prepared with high quality ingredients, guests can dine and gather over dinner and drinks. The expanded tequila bar and lounge features over 150 tequilas and mezcals and handcrafted margaritas. Warm, Latin-inspired service will round out your experience at La Sandia.
Seattle, Washington
“Nothing really above average except for the guacamole which was pretty great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

It was a nice indian summer afternoon so we decided to sit on the patio. My parents had been here before and my mom was so enthralled with the guacamole (made tableside) and the extreme stupidity of the servers that worked there (her words not mine) that she said I just to experience it for myself.

Well it was all true.. The guacamole was made table side in these beautiful big bowls made of lava stone. You could customize the spiciness of the guacamole yourself, but I wouldn't recommend overdoing it even if you are a fan of the extra spicy stuff since it just ends up overwhelming the other flavors.

I also ordered the sampler platter because on paper the appetizers all looked pretty tempting. I was a bit disappointed though because I remain unconvinced that it didn't come directly out of a freezer box at Safeway and oven re-heated. ie. nothing terribly original and no flavors that particularly stood out.

My mothers second observation regarding the intelligence of the servers turned out to be astute as well; "You, like, have, like, telephones in Canada?? omg lol, like, really?!?" <facepalm>

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Anna Maria, Florida
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We came in for drinks and appetizers during happy hour. We had great drinks and the nicest waitress. Nice atmosphere, and we'd be happy to return. I wish I could remember our waitresses name, she was a stunning woman of color with big hoop earrings, and she made the experience so much fun for us.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rathdrum, Idaho
“Food was great, but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was seated promptly by a hostess whom was a bit....short with me....I think is a good way of putting it. All I asked for was a table away from the cluster of people she wanted to seat me near. I was eating alone and didn't want to be the only person at his own table surrounded by groups of people. Since my experience with her was brief I won't focus on that much.
I ate the sizzling fajitas, and I have to say, they were very very good. The meat was very tender and well seasoned. Everything seemed very fresh in all of my food.
The only reason I gave it a three is because I was fighting two flies THE WHOLE TIME I ATE! The property was very clean and seemed like it was taken care of. All the staff was clean and professional (besides the angry little girl that seated me). I even overheard another table complain about the flies.
This can really ruin your experience, especially when they land on your food! The server assured me that this only happens in late summer and early fall and they have taken measures to limit the bug problem. If you can deal with that, then this place is very good and affordable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Convenient to airport, delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via Local Picks

We always stop here when we are picking someone up at the airport at dinnertime. Food is delicious. Kid friendly. Good drinks and happy hour too. The tacos are the best.

Massachusetts
“Bad food, bad atmosphere, bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We went on a Sunday night and sat on the patio. We were between one group that was highly intoxicated and a family with kids who kept throwing things across the table. We ordered four dishes and ate a few bites of each. The salad tasted like it had been refridgerated for days. The nachos were drenched in a soup of "cheese sauce" that had the consistency of oil and tasted bad. The quesadilla was okay but bland. The waiter did not seem to care that we ate next to nothing. He seemed more focused on racking up the bill for the people getting wasted. We have given this place two attempts and both have been bad. We will not be back.

• Visited July 2012