“Great, cheap place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #102 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great, cheap place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here for 7 days and I really enjoyed my stay here at Quality Inn. The rooms were at a decent size and the staff were warm and welcoming. The food was delious, I would definitely stay here again.
. .
Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here for a 2 day business trip, with most of my work taking place near City Park. While not that close to where I needed to be, this hotel was easily accessible from the highway (Hwy. 70). My room was tucked away under the staircase, which was a bit concerning when I was returning late from work.
The room I had was clean, though I noticed a few hairs on the blanket. The bathroom was basic, but clean. There were a small coffee maker, hairdryer and iron in the room.
The neighborhood is industrial and somewhat depressing. While there are places to eat nearby (there's a Denny's in the same parking lot), I would not venture anywhere around here late at night, and certainly not on foot. I was looking for a supermarket within easy driving distance, and couldn't find anything that met my needs.
The breakfast provided was fine, and substantial enough to tide me over until lunchtime.
Overall, the place is certainly fine for a quick business trip, but it's not in a very good location for exploring Denver. The very good front desk staff is the reason I give this 3/5 and not 2/5.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is really a motel, not a hotel - all outward facing doors to open air (2 stories). I was given a room all the way in the back on the 2nd floor. I though maybe this might be a good thing, as I like peace and quiet. Disaster.

People hanging out in the back until well after 1am - making noise. Then my next door neighbor decides to start watching TV at around 3:30am. The walls are paper-thin, old, run-down. The breakfast area is tiny. Laundered towels still wet - I guess they want to save on dryer bills, so only dry the towels 'til halfway dry. Very difficult to get on their free WiFi internet.

Never again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Portland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked this room thru Travelocity; after the fees and taxes it was about $38 less than a direct booking. It was listed as in the Denver Airport area, but it actually is 14 miles away (but a quick 15-minute ride). The neigborhood is kind of seedy, and the building and furnishings are old. The desk chair was too low for the table. Wifi worked great, and the free breakfast was quite good. Evening and daytime desk staff were very courteous. Room had 2 queen beds even though it was just for me. Some of the guests looked a little unsavory; I figured it might be some kind of drug-related place; but no one bothered me. Just before I left, I killed a roach near the sink. There was no problem with noise, and I slept OK. There's a Denny's next door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ravenna, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I are on a 3 week trip. I tried to stay with the Choice Hotel chain to get points.
This is the worst hotel we have stayed at! I booked 2 nights on separate days so I explained that when I checked in. The next day while on Pikes Peak enjoying my vacation, the front desk called to tell me that I left stuff in the room. I explained again that I booked 2 nights (prepaid). "No problem" she tells me. We return to our room to find that is was not serviced. The guy at the desk apologizes and gives us extra shampoo. Someone brings us a towel and floor at that are both pretty damp. I go the front desk again and request towels. I am told that the guy with the key left. I ask if they can get them from an unoccupied room. He gives me a room key to go check a room because he can't leave the desk. My husband I go into a room to get our own towels.
In addition to this fiasco, the tub took hours to drain after our showers and the wifi didn't work.
We were on the "good side" of the hotel. It was loud all night. We could hear people outside of our room. I told the front desk exactly how I felt before we left. Do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Even when I was a youngster with limited funds I would rather sleep at an interstate rest stop than here. Staff informed us not to go out at night. We had already paid so we went to check out the room. Small room and too small for the furniture. Door appeared to have had an attempted break in. Same with other doors and the ice machine was even locked. Door also was in sad shape. Informed staff this was certainly not going to be a place we could stay and they cheerfully refunded money. The pictures on the internet do not resemble anything we saw. Might have been pictures from another motel. If you are looking for a nasty place to stay this is it. Look no further.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Prostitution and drugs being sold in the parking lot of this hotel. The room was filthy with burn holes in the bedding. Someone tried to get into my room at 2am and there were diesel trucks idling in the parking lot all night. Don't stay here without a gun!

Room Tip: No room at this hotel would be advisable.