“What is happening La Quinta Cherry Creek? yuck” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1975 South Colorado Boulevard, Denver, CO 80222   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #77 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Port Orange, Florida
“What is happening La Quinta Cherry Creek? yuck”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've stayed here before. Visiting my son going to DU. Now the prices have gone up so this location is one the most expensive and the quality of the building has gone down. Our room was facing the pool, on the 2nd floor. Once you're in the room it has kept that quality of cleanliness that I like. But yuck on the outside. It needs a good power washing then repair the crumbling plaster walls. The route I walked to the breakfast area was littered with cigarette butts and dark goop, very filthy outside the rooms. La Quinta Cherry Creek you should be ashamed of yourself. yuck I cannot recommend this hotel any longer, for which I posted last year. High price - and very rundown.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bernalillo, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a little of what a lot of different people have experienced, good and bad.
First, we were stuck in a room that reeked of cigarette smoke/air freshener. We were given an alternate room within about half an hour, yet we were not told that we were stuck next to a particularly unattractive guest, who had already distinguished himself with his obnoxiousness before we had arrived. This we found out for ourselves at 230 in the morning, when he began to play high decibel rap music that reverberated off our common wall. The office staff interceded, yet it was almost an hour before things settle down.
To call this place "Cherry Creek" is completely misleading. It is about 1 mile away from the Cherry Creek neighborhood. The guests in the neighboring rooms were so "low rent", that I wondered whether they were receiving disability income. That could of been just the luck of the draw, yet I think it is important to know whether ours was an isolated experience. Has anyone else walked away with a sense that this place attracts a gritty, grungy clientele?
On the good side, the staff was attentive, and I would say above average. They went to some trouble on our behalf, some of which I thought was warranted, in that we had a checkered experience. The rooms are clean and up-to-date, and have nice features. The light rail line the Denver was a treat.. I hope others will share their experiences more. This is a place that is hard to capture in a few words.

Room Tip: ask for an interior room, that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This La Quinta is a very good location in Denver. It may have some wear and tear on the cement walkways around the rooms but has been kept up very well. Breakfast is fine if you want cold food (yogurt, fruit, cold hard boiled eggs or waffles you make yourself, toast, muffins, coffee, hot tea, and juice). Have had better La Quinta breakfast in other La Quintas but this was okay. If you want a hot breakfast there are options within walking distance and for lunch and dinner as well. Clean rooms, very comfortable beds, with a nice pool.Have already booked rooms here for a return trip coming up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My son and I traveled to Denver to see his older brother who goes to school at DU. This hotel was at most a 3 minutes drive from his apartment. The staff were wonderful! Very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable--especially the big beds! Everything was clean and nice. The free breakfast was also very good. Lots of choices with hard boiled eggs, yogurt, waffles, many kinds of breads and muffins, juice, coffee and tea. They even stayed open past the time stated. They allow pets--we did not take ours with us, though. It was very convenient--just off the exit of Highway 25. It was a nice 3 night stay. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Rooms away from main road, Colorado Blvd are probably quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Anadarko, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Originally I was disappointed as I wasn't in the Fairfield across on the other side of I-25 like my colleagues were. However, once I got over the exterior and into my room I was very impressed. The rooms seemed to have been refurbished recently and everything was clean and fresh. Very nice HD flatscreen. WiFi was good (I was well away from reception, on the ground floor facing the pool). Surprisingly little noise at night. The beds were very comfortable. Staff were helpful and knowledgeable. Breakfast modest buffet style but perfectly adequate. The local Light Rail was less than five minutes away and within 3 minutes of getting on a train I was stepping off at University of Denver where I was attending a conference. Excellent value. I'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Let me first start out by saying, I travel almost every week and stay in hotels across the country. I can honestly say I will never , stay in this hotel or most likely this chain again.

Upon checking in, our room wasn't ready and it was 330pm. They didnt have any other rooms available because they were over booked, so we went and had dinner.

We came back and were able to check in. I don't believe they actually cleaned our "non-smoking" room at all. There were cigarette ashes on the bed stand, clothes in a drawer, drink rings on the table and night stand. Just a quick check and I immediately called to have the room cleaned again.

When we came back the clothes were gone but nothing else had been done.

Short story, this is a dirty, run down, unkept, smelly hotel. I wouldn't wish this hotel on an enemy.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!