“Needs proper cleaning” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 149 Hotels in Denver
San Antonio
“Needs proper cleaning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I chose this hotel because of its location and price. my room smelled like smoke (both kinds), my bathroom was dirty, the shower faucet didn't work properly (either got very hot or very cold water) and there wasn't enough parking. I would spend a little more for a different downtown property next time I'm in Denver.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

If we are in Denver again we would stay here! The staff was great to us, they have security guard monitoring at night. The location is perfect for downtown. There is a police station across the street and they are always driving the street so go the speed limit! It's only 35! There is a train station behind the hotel but we never heard it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Location, Location, Location.... ok Location is great - but the rest NOT SO GOOD. Exterior is extremely poor. Rooms are suppose to be updated but bathroom doors peeling, cracked bases on doors, windows broken and cracked. The elevator smelled like urine. oh-no!!!!

Room Tip: pick a different hotel - atleast until La Quinta realizes this location needs to be FIXED UP.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I chose this "hotel" because it was close to the interstate and it is, you can hear the interstate really well. That's fine, no sound proofing.
When I checked in, I saw that I was placed on the first floor near the "pool area" (closed and the area is trashy, at best), on the front side of the back building. I then asked for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor closer to the lobby, "Oh, we're fully booked. I'm so sorry". This is when I should have canceled and gone anywhere else.
The other guests, who appear to live here are scary and next door to me. They argue a lot. This woman will a deep gravel-like voice keeps yelling "I'm walking my dog!". She's talking to everyone, then she gays mad when they don't answer her. It is not my job to police this, but no one will answer the lobby phone (tried 3 times since 11:30 tonight).
The outside of the hotel is grimy and trashy. Thank goodness, that the room was mostly clean. The bedcover had stains on it, so I took it off & schlepped it onto the floor. I've never cared for those anyway.

Here's the whole point, I am a single woman and I am traveling with an old yorkie. I have attempted to make this a safe trip for myself and have failed this evening. I will try to call the lobby once more, I will try to ignore the obnoxious " neighbors", foul language, cars pulling in with loud thumping music & the ongoing music coming from someone's phone. If I can't, I will pack up and leave here by 1:30 am. I've got a long drive ahead of me & how is it helpful that I can't even get someone to answer the guest services phone.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Superior, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I chose this hotel based mainly on price and location. I was going to a ball game at Coors Field. This was within walking distance (less than a mile, across the viaduct over the train tracks), and it was just over one hundred bucks. Other choices in the area were quite a bit higher.

I gave it 3 stars because it did fill my needs of giving me the opportunity to walk to the ball park and not breaking the bank for a room to sleep in. If I was to rate it only on the quality of the accommodations, it would have been two stars or lower. They are performing a few cosmetic improvements to the property, such as outside paint, and maybe they have more improvements in the works. They certainly need it. My room was very dated - old stuff that felt older.

The staff was nice enough, although my main interaction other than check-in was to call down and tell them that there was no remote control for TV (it was a newer flat panel) in my room. They would have sent up a new one, but I didn't have any need to watch TV. I just didn't want to get charged for the missing remote.

Very noisy here since it is right by I-25. If you're a light sleeper (I'm not), that could be a problem. Very minimal breakfast, but that's somewhat expected for the property and the price. If you've stayed at La Quinta's in the past and had a good experience, dial back your expectations if you choose to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

this hotel is easily accessible from any road. the rooms were quite spacious and large but everything looks like straight from golden 80s era. carpet, inside decoration . CRT Tvs. even the elevators.

beds were extremly comfortable , and rooms were clean . if its on the 2nd floor you will find the foor area is very less as soon as you step out of your door. the staff and reception people were very sweet and nice.

Room Tip: avoid rooms which are facing the flyovers. it will become noisy in nights
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Travelling Europe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Arrived in Denver badly jet-lagged from a UK flight to be confronted with motel-style accommodation (all room doors are external), surrounded by various Interstates and a railway shunting yard. There is no sound-proofing. The room, while quite large, had carpets that looked like someone had been dismantling an engine on it, and there were cigarette burns (at least I hope they were) on the bath. A truly terrible experience, even if it is within walking distance of downtown.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Central? Share your experiences!