“Average accomodations, but FILTHY CARPET!” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Park Ave West, Denver, CO 80216   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #87 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Average accomodations, but FILTHY CARPET!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Booked this hotel because it is only 5 miles from the truck stop my hubby was parked at. I don't get to see him very often, so I went to Denver for the night. The room was free, so no loss of money, but I did use my saved points from frequent stays at La Quinta Inns. The overall condition of the room was average. The bed was comfortable, pillows and linens were clean and smelled fresh. No mold or mildew in the bathroom. Shower curtain was brand spanking new. Coffee pot was clean. Plenty of soap and towels. Heating unit worked fine. The light fixture between the beds was hanging loosely from the wall and just needs to be tightened up to look better. The hotel staff were friendly and courteous.

My biggest complaint is that the carpeting in the room was absolutely filthy. I brought our two little dogs along for the trip to see "dad". They are 100% white. Well, after only an hour in this room, their feet, bellies, ears and chins were very dark grey from the dirty carpeting. My hubby's white socks were also very dirty from walking around without his shoes. There is no excuse in the world for the carpeting in a hotel room to be this dirty.

The hotel is located right at the junction of Interstate 25 and Interstate 70, so I imagine there is quite a bit of exhaust dust in the air. However routine vacuuming and shampooing of the carpet would be necessary for this place to keep clean. The traffic noise is not too bad, and it was quiet once we wanted to sleep. Some guests may have issue with the two interstates being on one side of the hotel and the railroad being on the other side. If you must stay here, request a room on the interstate side. The train comes through around 3 a.m. It didn't blast the horn, but it was just enough to wake me up. My hubby is accustomed to sleeping in his truck, so the traffic and train noise did not bother him.

The Mexican restaurant out front was delicious, and priced accordingly.

IF the carpet had been cleaner, I would rate this location as average - very good, but I was very disappointed because of the condition of my dogs.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room away from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fort Collins
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was very impressed with the staff at this La Quinta. They went out of their way to be friendly and helpful throughout my stay! The room was very clean and the beds were great. There was a restaurant right out front (Maya's Mexican) that was also very convenient, affordable, and delicious.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Creswell, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here for a week while at a convention. The place is clean, well situated (half a mile or less from Coors Field and just over a mile to 16th St. Mall), has a decent breakfast, and friendly people. Marcus-the day clerk-and the ladies who had the night shifts went out of their way to be friendly to us. It is an older property but well cared for; the WiFi is the fastest but is more than adequate for checking e-mail. (I wouldn't try to stream a movie, however.) The room was in great shape; the only minor complaint I had was people coming in at 12:30 and cranking the ice machine and talking too loudly, which isn't really the hotel's fault. There is some road noise-if you're not used to it, turn on the radio. (We're used to it, so it didn't really bother us much.) All in all, not bad if you need to be close to downtown but don't mind a little walking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in late October. We had been traveling all day, the weather had turned very cold, snow in the forcast and we were catching Amtrak early the next morning. The hotel was easy to find from the airport - we took a city bus. The dining area and rooms have been updated. Be aware that the rooms are all exterior doors. Our room had a desk, comfortable chair and king size bed. The bathroom had plenty of counter space which made it very easy for both of us to get ready in the morning. The only item not provided was in the bathrom was lotion. Shampoo and conditioner were there. The breakfast was wonderful with yogart, hardboiled eggs, fruit, sweet rolls, juice and coffee - plenty to get us started on what turned out to be a snowy morning. The staff were helpful and cordial. There is a decent sports bar within walkig distance which served nicely for dinner. The hotel called us a cab in the morning and we were on our way. The hotel is 5 minute cab ride to the temporary Amtrak station that is currently being used.

Room Tip: There is an elevator so room location is not a problem. Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

While there were a few things I found after a four day stay here that seemed cheap of the hotel, e.g., no free newspaper, the one thing I wanted to warn potential customers about is the WiFi is only about .63Mbps. I measured multiple times over my stay. This tells me the hotel has probably only purchased a 3/4 Mbps link thru DSL. This is basically the slowest service you can buy. This is not appropriate for a hotel!

Let the buyer beware,

Pete

Room Tip: Be sure your room does not face the train yard!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Older LaQuinta, so not very pretty on the outside, but all the rooms have been updated and remodeled. New TVs, chairs, carpet, curtains, etc. Great for Rockie games, just walk across the bridge. I will stay here again. Great for Downtown, easy access from interstates. Pet Friendly, no fees. Free parking. Pool. Internet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Central? Share your experiences!