“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 147 hotels in Denver
BRECKENRIDGE
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Loved the location near National Western Stock Show and Toby Keith's Bar. Nice, clean, updated room and bath. Extremely comfortable bed. Skip the breakfast at the hotel. Heard a ding,ding out in the hall all night to morning even though our room wasn't near the elevator?

Room Tip: Don't stay by the elevator!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Kim -

January with the National Western Stock Show is our favorite time of year - lots of great people and events close by. I'm glad you enjoyed our excellent location along with our Sweet Dreams beds. On the other hand, I apologize for the noise during the night. I've asked our Director of Engineering to ascertain what the sound was and then work on a solution to tone it down. Also, I hope we can entice you with our Wake Up DoubleTree Breakfast Buffet next time you're in Denver or perhaps something quick and light from the Starbucks counter. Thank you for your review and feedback - please come back soon.

613 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am giving this hotel 2 stars -- one because the staff was all very friendly, check-in, room-service, etc. And the second because of the outdoor hot-tub (teeming with children around 8pm when I would have liked to use it, but I had it completely to myself around 8am - and it was really so pleasant to sit out there and relax, breathing in that crisp clean Colorado air). Free wifi was nice as were Crabtree & Evelyn. Oh, and the Doubletree cookie at check-in --- it's nicer when it's warm, but it's a good cookie all the same.

However...the hotel is in need of improvement in many ways. The decor is very tired and dated. But moreover, there were stains on the carpet and the water glasses had smudges on them (I had to wash out my wine glass from room service to use as a water glass in the morning). Huge pet peeve of mine -- I'm not a nit-picker, but things need to be clean! Speaking of room service...the food was terrible! Portabello mushroom sandwich served on bad bread with cold mushrooms and no hint of the goat cheese it was supposed to come with. This and a glass of sub-standard wine for just under $30. Only the french fries were OK. I was too tired to complain, but I would never order food from this hotel again. I would walk down the street and try my chances somewhere else. Note, that when I left my room 12 hours later, the leftovers were still there outside.

Finally, the walls of this hotel are really thin -- not only could I hear the traffic outside, but I could hear people in the hallway and the TV in the next room. Not a very restful sleep.

So -- good staff, but a lot of changes need to be made to get this hotel up to par.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Sunny from Chicago -

On the one hand, I was pleased you found our staff at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver friendly and our amenities to your liking. We're proud of warm people and our famous chocolate chip cookies really are great, aren't they? However, on behalf of the staff and management, I sincerely apologize for the poor showing we made in other areas. Please be assured I am meeting with the management of the Food & Beverage Department regarding your specific comments as well as quality overall. Also, we are in the beginning stages of planning an update in decor. I hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back and demonstrate the quality for which DoubleTree is known. I would be delighted to have the opportunity to discuss your experience with you personally. Please give me a call or email if I can be of assistance.

(303) 321-3333
Palo Alto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in town for the Shop.org convention. All the hotels by the convention center were booked so I had to stay here. It's about a 15 - 20 minute cab ride from the convention center. This hotel isn't bad, but it's not great either. You can't really walk to other restaurants. A lot United Airlines employees stay here for corporate training. When I stayed one night, the power went out in the morning and I couldn't take a shower for a couple of hours. A little annoying but it was a utilities problem not the hotel's. I did eat at the hotel's restaurant. Service is good but the food is mediocore at best. But there is Starbucks here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Palo Alto Visitor -

Thank you for your review and feedback from your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver several months ago. I appreciate your feeback regarding your meals with us and am delighted to tell you we have completely revamped our menus in the meantime. But we still have our great staff and Starbucks counter, of course. As you mentioned, we are a short cab ride to Downtown Denver and are centrally located to many of Denver's best attractions. I hope you'll come back again and let us show you the quality hospitality for which DoubleTree by Hilton is known. Our staff would be delighted to point out several shopping, dining, and entertainment options just a short distance from the hotel.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Overall, a very nice stay here. Staff were very friendly everywhere. Room was just fine. As Hilton Honors, it appeared they put in a deluxe coffeemaker in the room, and some free bottled water. Room was very clean, possibly recently renovated. I would have preferred a small refrigerator in the room, but not here. Easy free parking all around the hotel. The only problem was the water in the shower, in the evening, wasn't even quite luke warm. The hotel told me no one else complained but me. It was freezing outside at the time. By morning, it was fine. I called the lobby, and they offered me a generous $25 breakfast credit, which was very nice and great quality. Nearby, lots of restaurants and shopping. Easy access to the I-70 freeway. When there is a big event ini Denver, and downtown hotel rates skyrocket, this was a great alternative to get a good price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Pattaya Insider -

Thank you for your great feedback from your stay at the DoubleTree By Hilton Denver this month. You are quite correct that we are a short drive to everything Downtown Denver has to offer but without the Downtown prices. We're also centrally located to Denver's best shopping, dining, and entertainment. In addition to free parking and easy access to I-70, we also offer free shuttle service to Denver International Airport should you arrive by air next time. We love our HHonors members and I'm delighted you enjoyed the little extras we try to provide our most loyal customers. I will, however, work the Director of Engineering regarding the lack of hot water you mentioned. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance when you travel through our city.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We were in Denver visiting family. This hotel suited our needs great. The room met our needs nicely. One morning there was a power outage and the staff was extremely professional in dealing with it. When we returned later, power was back on. Parking was a little challenging out front the first night, yet once we found the parking in back, all was good. We would stay there again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Scott -

I was pleased you chose the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver as your home away from home when you visited your family in Denver. I do regret the neighborhood power outage but as you mentioned, our staff is well trained to handle eventualities that come up in a busy hotel. I hope you come back soon so our family can welcome yours once again. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance when you're in the Denver area.

Bexbach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hotel is located in Aurora next to a shopping Area with many grocery stores and Restaurants
Hotel offers a free shuttle service from denver airport every 30 minutes .
Hotel rooms a quiet new and clean . Swimming pool is ok .
Bed is very good . Only the restaurant is not so good .
For a short stay or a layover very good .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear KHZuerich:

I'm glad to hear you had a good visit with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. One of the great things about our hotel is that it's very central. While we are close to Aurora, we are actually in Denver and within just a few minutes' drive of Downtown and Denver's best attractions. Althought you had a short stay, you noticed the growing Stapleton complex across the street with lots of entertainment, shopping, and dining options. Likewise, the region's best hotel shuttle service to Denver International Airport, which is free to our guests. I hope you come back for a longer stay - please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

WY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were in town for a one night stay and needed to be in the area of the Children's Hospital. We really wanted a pool, so the kids would have something to do before a stressful next day. This hotel fit the bill. The hotel is upscale, beautifully decorated, with a bar, gift shop, a restaurant, lots of parking and was easy to find. The restaurant is a little expensive for our liking, but they have a children's menu that is very reasonably priced, and has all the "must haves" - mac & cheese, pasta, chicken fingers etc. Service was a little slow, but we ate there at 4:00 and probably weren't staffed for dinner rush yet, and the waitress was all smiles, kid friendly and hard working. Rooms were nice, beds VERY comfortable with 4 wonderful pillows per double bed. But the pool at this hotel is FABULOUS! It is a huge indoor pool and goes to 9 ft. deep, so even our pre-teen kids had a blast. The bathrooms in the pool area have a shower and a sauna. The nice fluffy pool towels are almost bath sheet size - big enough to completely wrap up wet children to take back to our room. Plenty of pool side seating. There is also an outdoor hot tub, but it was 20 degrees the night we were there, so our kids took one quick dip and were done. Our first time staying at a Doubletree. If we can get a room at a discounted rate again (with airline discount) we will be back. NOTE: Not ALL Doubletrees have an indoor pool. Check first!! The first reservation we made said a pool, but it was an OUTDOOR pool and was closed because we were there in JANUARY!!! So they sent us to THIS hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Wyoming Grandma -

Thank you so much for the wonderful review following your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! I always enjoy hearing about the whole family having a good time at our property - we have lots to offer onsite and Denver's best attractions are close by. As a parent, I know an indoor pool is a must-have for the kids when we travel and likewise comfortable beds for their parents. I hope we have convinced you to become one of our DoubleTree by Hilton family and you'll be back to visit soon.

Allen Paty, General Manager

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver? Share your experiences!